INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 188 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation, and supports and assists all organizations, authorities, and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime. INTERPOL is now looking for a qualified candidate as Regional Specialized Officer for the NCB Co-ordination Sub-Directorate for Asia and South Pacific which is part of the NCB and Regional Police Services Directorate.
Appendum: Conditions of secondment
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Asia and South Pacific, the incumbent is responsible for specific operational crime responses, covering all aspects of day-to-day relevant crime matters and provides general information on law enforcement and crime-fighting. In addition, provides adequate support to improve co-operation.
The Regional Specialized Officer maintains working relationships with all staff members of the General Secretariat as well as the heads/staff members of National Central Bureaus (NCBs), INTERPOL’s Regional Bureaus (RBs), law enforcement agencies, international organizations, visitors and media officials outside the Organization.
- As part of Duty No. 1:
• Assess information received at the General Secretariat and initiate the timely diffusion of relevant information to member countries ;
- As part of Duty No. 2:
• Initiate and prepare programmes and projects concerning assigned countries dealt with or specific kind of crime ;
- As part of Duty No. 3:
• Represent the General Secretariat at external meetings/conferences ;
- As part of Duty No. 4:
• Prepare written mission reports and any additional documents as necessary ;
- As part of Duty No. 5:
• Assist member countries and regional initiatives/international organizations on request ;
- As part of Duty No. 6:
• Receive communications and take appropriate timely action during assign permanence duty, as outlined in the Stand-by duty instructions.
- As part of Duty No. 7:
• Establish and maintain work methods and procedures ;
All candidates will be assessed on the under mentioned requirements.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience as a law enforcement official;
In addition to the requirements, the following Assets and Special Aptitudes would be beneficial.
• Ability to work in an international environment as a member of a team;
• This post is to be filled on the basis of a secondment.
* The Organization plans to establish a Global Complex in Singapore at the end of 2013. Although no decisions have been made at this time as to which posts will be transferred to Singapore, acceptance of the post implies acceptance of a transfer to Singapore.
[ Apply ]
Governance/Anti-Corruption Expert, MCC Tunisia - *Background:* Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative p...
16 hours ago