The Roma Education Fund (REF) is seeking a full-time Higher Education Program Manager for its office in Budapest, Hungary
The terms of the contract will be determined on the basis of the applicable Hungarian Labor Code
The Roma Education Fund was created in the framework of the Decade of Roma Inclusion in 2005. Its mission and ultimate goal is to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. In order to achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma, including the desegregation of education systems.
The REF Higher Education Program Manager will be in charge of a comprehensive tertiary education strategy and its implementation – following the policy of the board and reporting to REF director – in order to change the dramatically disproportionately low presence of Roma students in higher education. The person should be capable to meet the exceptional challenge.
The REF Higher Education Program Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Updates REF’s higher education strategy by taking into consideration country related strategies;
• Overviews and works on strategic planning of new fundraising policy for the Higher Education Programs;
• Ensures interventions that contribute to the positive public identification of the beneficiaries as Roma;
• Responsible for the administration and overall monitoring and evaluation of the Higher Education Programs;
• Links REF’s secondary school related programs with other components of the Higher Education Programs, ensuring student mobility.
Required qualifications and experience:
• University degree in relevant field;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience;
• Proven experience in the field of education;
• In-depth knowledge of the government policies related to Roma and higher education;
• Solid knowledge of REF activities;
• Excellent written and oral command of English;
• Knowledge of one or more language(s) of the Decade countries and Romani is a considerable advantage;
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office and internet software);
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
• Multitasking abilities and ability to work under pressure;
• Capacity to work independently as well as in a multinational team.
Reporting: to the REF Director
Required application documents (Please submit all documents in English):
1. Europass CV; template can be downloaded at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/vernav/Europasss+Documents/Europass+CV/navigate.action
2. Two recommendation letters – at least one from a previous supervisor, and one from a peer who is familiar with the candidate’s capacities.
3. Two-page (A4) motivation letter explaining the candidate’s relevant professional and educational background.
4. List of publications (if applicable).
The deadline for submitting applications is October 21, 2011.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com
Roma Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer, which supports diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Reserves Ecologist/Senior Reserves Ecologist - Reference number: 1240513 Location: Bedfordshire The RSPB are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic ecologist to support our work in Northern Engl...
14 hours ago