Learning & Development Specialist: 1 year Contract Hire
Looking for an exciting career with a Gold industry leader? Join Barrick! Barrick is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has 26 mining operations with many advanced exploration projects located across 5 continents and a large number of land positions located on some of the most prolific and prospective mineral trends.
Currently Barrick is recruiting Learning & Development Specialist for its corporate office in Toronto on a 1 Year contract hire.
The L&D specialist will support the coordination and management of global L&D programs specifically the Learning Management System and the Barrick Professional Development Program – Compass. The L&D Specialist will provide L&D Support to the Regional Business Units in North America, South America, Australia Pacific, Africa and the Corporate Office.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Support the Global rollout of the Learning Management System including:
- Assist with data validation and uploading of data into the LMS
- Play a key role during each implementation (roll out) at each location.
- Training of regional, site administrators and end users on the LMS
- Assisting with communication of the LMS
- Provide system support as queries come in and post implementation support.
- Assisting with E-Learning content and inquiries
- System Administration and functionally support
Barrick Compass Program
- Coordinate & support the Barrick Compass Development Program
- Development, Design, Support of program material
- Reporting of CDP programs
- Analysis of program statistics & trends
- Monitoring of high potential early career professionals
- Regular communication and coordination with any project managers assigned to Barrick L&D projects (such as program designers for Compass material or Barrick OnBoarding material)
- Become certified to analyse and produce reports for Barrick preferred psychometric assessment tools
- Facilitate or co-facilitate customised Barrick workshops
- Provide generic L&D support to the team and wider Barrick organisation.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role is desirable, preferably within the mining or engineering industry however not essential. Experience in a global, matrix environment is an asset
- Experience working with Learning Management & System preferred
- Working knowledge of training procedures, customer database and practices
- Experience facilitating courses; may be asked to facilitate courses in Toronto or other global offices
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- High attention to detail
- Working knowledge of office equipment and procedures.
- Excellent/advanced typing and PC skills, including advanced understanding of Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Oracle.
- High level of problem solving and influencing skills
- Proactive and energetic
· Tertiary Qualifications in adult education or psychology preferred. Will consider a technology qualification
- Some travel to the regions and mine sites will be required