This position is based in Senegal, Africa.
The area: Engineering Management
Google's engineering teams exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done. Our Engineering Managers need to be technical leaders and motivators who are comfortable leading these teams in a high-pressure, dynamic – and global – environment. Jobs are broadly defined and interact with Product Management, Sales and other groups at Google.
The role: Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
Technical Program Managers are the core of managing Google's continued growth. As one of the first Technical Program Managers based in Africa, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact. Specifically you will be responsible for driving the progress of various initiatives focused on infrastructure. These include helping Universities strengthen their ICT services, working between ISPs and IXPs to increase peering agreements, managing Google infrastructure deployments and lots, lots more.
Ideally coming from an operations & infrastructure engineering background you will have gained extremely strong business project management skills and have great judgement when it comes to evaluating infrastructure challenges and implied cost or engineering efforts. Based in Senegal, you will be expected to travel frequently within Africa and occasionally to our offices in Zurich and California.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with external partners, Google engineers and technical staff to design and launch infrastructure projects.
- Gather requirements and define the scope of the project. Find resources, manage resource allocation for projects. Develop a plan and schedule, with well-defined milestones.
- Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team (customers, partners, etc); escalate issues as necessary.
- Experience managing multiple international projects and people acting as a technical lead.
- Proven ability to work on assignments that require data evaluation, recommendation development, and decision making.
Feedback requested: We're always looking to grow and improve. Help make this site even better by letting us know what you think.