This position is based in Dakar, Senegal.
The area: Human Resources, People Programs
Google's People Programs are geared to anticipate the demands and meet the requirements of the company's rapid expansion throughout the world. Our mission is to spread the word about Google's innovation, impact and culture, and to encourage talented people to explore career opportunities with us. We help Google's recruiting and HR processes work effectively, extol Google's many virtues as an employer, engage in ongoing dialogs with university students and professors, and develop programs to promote and celebrate Google's culture of diversity.
The role: University Program Specialist
As a University Programs Specialist you will manage technical outreach and related projects in Africa. You will be working in the areas of project management, communications, negotiation of contracts and partnerships, plus developing and optimizing programs to support education development and engineering initiatives.
- Help lead and manage university programs in Africa for education development and engineering outreach as needed.
- Define and communicate technical and recruiting messaging in collaboration with local employees and engineers.
- Coordinate and manage logistics related to swag, printed collateral, marketing materials, online materials, equipment.
- Run and develop existing and new program efforts to support recruiting e.g. scholarships and grants (working with students, event attendees, suppliers, Googlers, non-profit organizations)
- Track and report data and project outcomes
- BA or BS degree preferred with experience in cross-cultural communications, events, marketing, diversity and/or university programs.
- International experience, familiarity with region-specific issues and additional language proficiency is a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting and advising at Executive level.
- Budget management, negotiation, deadline management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, articulate and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, Google tools and presentation software (familiarity with Google tools preferred).
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills. French written and verbal skills would be a plus.
Feedback requested: We're always looking to grow and improve. Help make this site even better by letting us know what you think.