Layalina Productions is seeking a Development Manager to work full-time in its DC-based office. Great organizational skills and a “can-do” attitude are a must. The Development Manager has the primary responsibility for helping plan Layalina’s comprehensive fundraising strategy and serve as the organization’s grant writer. The Development Manager will expand and direct the strategy for philanthropy, build relationships for long-term philanthropic support, and manage all fundraising elements for the organization, including planning fundraising events.
Description of Duties
· Lead fundraising efforts by refining the overall structure and goals, developing solicitation strategies, drafting appropriate materials and identifying prospects.
· Help design and implement a fundraising strategy that takes into account the current funding environment and covers corporations, private foundations, donors, and high net worth individuals.
· Plan and implement meaningful donor club networking events that connect donors to the mission of Layalina and maintains an active community presence.
· Plan fundraising events and meetings to cultivate, solicit and maintain financial support for Layalina's programs from a range of investors.
· Setup and maintain an online donor software program and compose acknowledgment letters.
· Conduct grant research, reporting to funders, and serve as the organization’s chief grant writer.
· Contribute to the shared knowledge at Layalina by participating in staff meetings, discussion groups and social media channels.
· Provide prospect and donor research, marketing and public relations pieces, and other development strategies to ensure success of the organization.
· Oversee major gift process, including timely solicitations, background profiles and suitable gift opportunities.
· Solicit businesses directly through networking with board members, cold calling from business lists, and being active in community networking.
· Identify, recruit, cultivate, and nurture corporate sponsors, committee members and volunteers.
· Work closely with board members to meet fundraising goals and facilitate board involvement in the fundraising process.
Layalina is an American non-profit, private sector corporation that develops and produces award-winning Arabic and English language television programming that reaches millions of viewers throughout the Arab world and in the United States. Layalina's programming includes original reality shows, documentaries, and children's educational series that address the most controversial issues affecting U.S.-Arab relations and promote increased understanding between the Middle East and the United States. For more information about Layalina Productions, please visit www.Layalina.tv.
· B.A./B.S. in communications, writing, marketing, business administration or related areas.
· At least 2 years successful experience in non-profit fundraising with a track record in closing opportunities.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Excellent organizational, management and communication skills.
· Ability to perform Internet research and utilize online communication tools.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Mac OS X.
· Experience with donor software and use of donation websites.
· Demonstrated experience in budget, technical and financial management functions.
· Strong track record in soliciting major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations, particularly for social change organizations.
· A well-developed list of professional contacts.
· Experience in managing multiple priorities under pressure and accomplish short- and long- term deadlines with a heavy workload.
· Warm, friendly and engaging personality and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships over time.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, diplomatic demeanor and ability to represent a global organization.
· Self-motivated with an ability to both work independently and collaborate with others on the Layalina board and staff.
Please send your resume, cover letter (including quantified anecdote(s) from fundraising track record), personal references and a short grant writing sample by email to information@Layalina.tv.
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. No calls or drop-ins please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Position offers excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, generous 403b with employer match and vacation, sick and holiday benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
An Equal Opportunity employer.