Implement Global Internal Audit's (GIA) new vision and strategy for auditing risks to the Partnership entities by partnering with key internal and external stakeholders in promoting good stewardship over funding received to ensure alignment with planned program objectives and donor requirements; ensuring that GIA's audit services are rendered in accordance with the International Auditing Standards (IIA), GIA's Charter and WVI’s policies and procedures; ensuring the implementation of risk based integrated audit (RBIA) on all audit engagement, where applicable, and playing a key participatory and advisory role at advisory board/council and audit committee meetings, as needed.
Direct and manage the Global Center Audit (GCA) operations of risk based integrated audits of Partnership entities, national, support and branch offices, GC departments and functions, and third parties to identify, assess and audit the riskiest areas within the Partnership. Oversee the implementation of the GCA team audit time management tracking system; ensure the timely management and review of audit schedules resulting in the delivery of value add reports to business owners, partnership leaders and advisory boards/council and audit committees of findings that may result in revised policies, changes in internal controls to minimise risks to Partnership entities. This position will also oversee the Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) of independent offices.
Direct and provide oversight to the Global IT Auditor and GC Audit Managers who direct and supervise staff and senior auditors; ensure that all GC auditors are trained in the risk based integrated audit approach and government grant compliance regulations (e.g. USAID, DIFID, CIDA, etc.), and are maintaining the required certification(s) by completing annual CPE requirements.
Play a leadership role in the execution, monitoring and fine tuning of GIA’s policies, procedures and processes to enhance its value to the department and the partnership and participate in GIA’s risk based annual audit planning process for the Global Centre Audits (GCA) and the consolidated annual risk based integrated audit plan.
Promote GIA’s vision and strategy across the Partnership, and the adoption of the Ministry Wide Risk Assessment Project (MWRAP) template by regional and national offices to be used as a self-assessment control tool to identify, assess, and manage risk.
- Oversee and monitor the expenditure budget and audit time management tracking system for the GCA group.
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery of the GCA annual risk based integrated audit (RBIA) plan to be incorporated into GIA’s report to the ARC that includes but not limited to:
- Audits based on annual risk assessment.
- Mandatory grant audits (e.g. USAID, USDA, UK, CIDA, etc.).
- Special request based on the degree of risk.
- Perform or lead critical and complex audits and conduct special reviews as required Partnership leaders.
- Review the results of each audit with the audit manager (team lead) and sign-off on all significant audit findings within 15 days after the exit conference, and ensure that the final draft audit report is issued within 15 days after the exit conference and the final report 45 days after the exit conference.
- Monitor outstanding audit recommendations for timely implementation by business owners.
- Ensure required GC Audit periodic reports are prepared and submitted to the CAO in a timely manner, including the following:
- Budget to actual time and expense reports.
- Audits in progress status reports.
- Performance agreements and evaluations.
- Coordinate and provide timely and accurate periodic reports on the quality of internal controls at national offices, including progress on the implementation of outstanding audit recommendations to partnership leaders and the audit and risk management committee (ARC) of the WVI Board.
- Develop succession and career development plans, including Christian commitment and spiritual development, for direct reports and ensure that the same is done for their direct reports.
- Ensure that all staff in the reporting line obtains, at least the annual minimum, continuing professional education (CPE) credits to maintain their professional certification(s), and advocate the value of promoting experienced WV auditors into financial and operational functions to strengthen WV’s internal control environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Audit, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 7+ years experience in leading an Audit team, including US Government Grant auditing.
- Certified either as a CPA, CIA, CA or equivalent.
- At least seven years experience at the manager level or above in a combination of internal audit, public accounting or financial management.
- Leading virtual and cross cultural teams.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Understanding and willingness to understand Third World Development preferred.