The DCR is a collaboration of CARE Netherlands, HealthNet TPO, Save the Children Netherlands and ZOA Refugee Care. DCR has the mission to contribute to recovery of post-conflict societies in Africa by rehabilitating physical, societal and economic infrastructure in conflict-affected communities and assisting civil society actors to become stronger stakeholders in the creation of a sustainable peace dividend. To achieve its aims DCR has defined four key result areas: Basic services are available, accessible and used, with shared responsibility of civil society; Households’ livelihoods are improved, promoted by civil society; Community-level governance bodies (=local civil society) are functional, effective and inclusive; Sectoral systems are functional and effective, with participating civil society.
1. Purpose of the position
To coordinate and to report on the implementation of DCR’s programme in Burundi.
2. Contract Period
One year (with possibility of extension)
3. Main activities
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Coordinate DCR’s programme activities of the four
consortium members, including the monitoring and, if
required, the revision of the DCR programme.
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of MFS 2 programme
implementation and effective coordination and information
sharing among all DCR partners in the country.
- Coordinate preparation and compilation of technical,
narrative and financial reports, ensuring timely
submission of DCR country reports to consortium
leadership in the Netherlands.
- Provide technical advice and support to project staff to
ensure that programme objectives are achieved.
- Convene country Steering Committee meetings (consisting
of the Country Directors of Save, CARE, HealthNet TPO and
ZOA present in country) advising and reporting on
implementation progress, challenges and issues arising
that require management attention.
- Ensure that the implementation of DCR activities related
to cross-cutting themes (communication, advocacy, PME and
knowledge) is well coordinated.
- Promote positive relationships of the DCR team with
relevant actors in all operational zones and share
relevant information with DCR Country Steering Committee.
- Share information on programme implementation with the
responsible member of the Programme Working Group and the
Consortium Coordinator in the Netherlands.
- Convene country Advisory Committee Meetings
4. Reporting lines:
- Administratively the position resorts under the Lead
- Formally the Country Officer reports to the chair of the
Country Steering Committee
- Technically the Country Officer also reports to the
Central Consortium Coordinator and the responsible member
of the DCR Programme Working Group in The Netherlands
Besides it is acknowledged that normal communication lines within the (leading) organisation will be followed.
Project staff: country PME officer, country communication and advocacy officer.
6. External contacts
Develop and maintain effective relationships with government authorities, local partners, UN, INGO’s, key stake holders, counterparts, donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences or
other relevant area
- Minimum 5 years experience in international development
cooperation in content and management positions.
- Experience in planning, monitoring, follow up and regular
revision of multi-sectoral programmes
- Fluency in English and French
- Strong analytical and planning skills, management skills
including budgeting and reporting, and monitoring
implementation of program activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working
across organisational priorities and structures.
- Result oriented and flexible.
- Knowledge of and experience in international donor
contract management and the related content and financial
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to field
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Computer literate.
8. Application procedure
Letter of motivation and a CV (including at least 2 professional references) to be sent to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by Tuesday 22nd March 2011.
Include the following code in subject line: MFS2_COBI_app2011
This post is open for Burundian nationals only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to participate in recruitment procedure.
Support Worker (Scoop) - *Building a world-class diamond group* *Kimberley Underground Mine JV* Kimberley Underground Mine JV is situated in the town of Kimberley in the Northern...
17 hours ago