Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 90 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
TI has recently produced a movement wide strategy until 2015 calling for scaling up its efforts to tackle corruption. The implementation of this ambitious strategy will require increased resources as well as a diversification of the TI donor base.
The Resource Mobilisation Department’s mission is to provide unrestricted funding to the TI-Secretariat, to assist its regional and other department’s efforts to raise programmatic funds and to offer fundraising technical support, advice, and training to National Chapters. The TI-2015 strategy provides for an increased role of the TI-Secretariat to raise funds for National Chapters.
To meet these exciting challenges, the Resource Mobilisation Department will produce a fundraising strategy aimed at meeting the goals set in the TI 2015 Strategy.
Main function: Responsible for the establishment and stewardship of a major donor programme
Reporting lines: Part of a team reporting to the Resources Director
Contract: 2-year contract, with option for extension
Starting date: As soon as possible, to be negotiated
Location: Berlin, Germany; with international travel
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications within TI’s published salary scale
Benefits: TI-S provides accident and travel health insurance, and also pays about 50% of contributions to the social security, including health insurance. TI contributes to relocation costs.
- Design and implement a major gifts programme/campaign to secure new resources.
- Manage Major Donor programme to secure a significant and sustainable income stream by 2012
- Research, approach and negotiate support from major donors, foundations and philanthropic advisors
- Together with Resources Director, develop strategy to target major donors
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with individual donors
- Write compelling proposals
- Act as focal point for donor portfolio
- Ensure timely and high quality grant reporting
- Organise events for current and potential donors
- Prospect key markets for potential targets
- Ensure compliance of major donor programme with TI policies
- Support TI-Secretariat departments in their fundraising efforts
- Support Resources Director in the development the fundraising strategy
- Support senior leadership in fundraising drives
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree (or equivalent relevant experience) preferably in Communication, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Track record or at least five years of building and maintaining relationships with high net-worth individuals and success in soliciting gifts from individual major donors, trusts and foundations
- Significant experience of developing a Major Donor strategy and managing a Major Donor programme for a charity or non profit organisation along with extensive experience of creating and managing a minimum €1 million income budgets
- Experience of soliciting five and six figure gifts from individuals
- Track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Extensive international experience
- Good understanding of social and developmental challenges
- Knowledge of the US fundraising market an asset
- Strong organisational skills
- Hands-on team player
- Flexible, capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Excellent communication, impeccable presentation and strong networking skills
- Ability and track record in developing and writing funding proposals (in English)
- Ability to work with budget and financial reports
- Proficiency with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) an asset
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other UN languages are a definite asset.
Detailed applications (in English only) giving full particulars of qualifications and experience, biographical data, salary expectations, and the names, phone and e-mail contact details of 3 referees, including recent employers, should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 8 May 2011. Applications received by this date will take priority; however, late applications will be considered if the position has not been filled.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International visit our website at www.transparency.org