JOB TITLE: Communications Oficer
LOCATION: Gaza 50% , Jerusalem 50%
SALARY: 106,660 ILS pa
CONTRACT TYPE: National Fixed Term
CONTRACT DURATION: February 2012 to March 2013
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
JOB PURPOSE: To produce communications and visibility material to support Oxfam's programmatic work in Gaza and the West Bank
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to: Programme Policy and Communications Coordinator, Oxfam GB Dotted line management by Oxfam International Media Lead (25%)
Staff reporting to this post: None
· Manages own workload without close supervision and works independently on making decisions and problem solving on routine issues/problems.
· Provides creative/innovative solutions to routine problems/tasks and projects.
· Forward planning and management of small projects or elements of large projects.
· Providing advice on appropriate communications skills across the organisation.
· Representing Oxfam to external contacts and may need to deal with influential senior external contacts or supporters.
· Impact of this role is significant within the departments and may have wider, organizational impact
· May involve supervision and guidance of assistants or volunteers
· Delivering on communications and visibility requirements for a SYS funded programme for education and food security in Gaza (50%) and delivering on communications and visibility requirements across programmes in the West Bank with a focus on livelihoods and community development (50%)
· Giving input for programme proposals and donor reports as regards communications and visibility activities. · Supporting or leading on the development and implementation of communications strategies for Oxfam's work the OPTI.
· Multimedia documentation of evidence base information related to Oxfam's programme work. This will include case studies, programme progress, situation reports, blogs and updates and will be through written narrative, still photograph, audio, video
· Organising events to raise the profile of Oxfam's work in OPTI as required
.Capacity building in communication skills for Oxfam colleagues and partner staff as required.
Skills and Competence
· At least two years experience of working in a communications or similar role with an NGO or similar organization (essential)
· Education to degree level in job related sector (essential)
· Professional communications skills, gained within a journalism/PR or NGO environment, to communicate and adapt complex policy and development issues to different levels of target audience (essential)
· Competent in different communication skills such as written, spoken, photography, audio, video (essential) · Excellent networking and negotiation skills to develop good working relationships within Oxfam and external actors (essential)
· Ability to think and operate strategically and creatively (essential)
· Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team (essential)
· Understanding of gender issues and commitment to promoting gender equity (essential)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (essential) Arabic is desirable.
· Proven experience of using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point) (essential)
Applying for a job? Here is a guide to help you make the most out of the application process.
Vous postulez à un emploi? Voici un guide pour vous aider à profiter du processus d'application.
Quer candidatar-se a um emprego? Aqui está um guia que para o ajudar a simplificar o processo de candidatura.
Estas buscando un un trabajo? Aqui puedes encontrar una guia que te ayude a simplificar el proceso de solicitud!
|Click here to apply for this job|
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
1 day ago