Revenue Watch Institute (RWI) is a nongovernmental organization that promotes responsible management of oil, gas and mineral resources for the public good. Too often natural resource wealth results in corruption and poverty, instead of growth and development. With effective revenue management, citizen engagement and government accountability, natural resource wealth can drive economic growth and development. RWI provides the expertise, funding and technical assistance to help countries realize these benefits. Please visit our website for more information: www.revenuewatch.org.
Provides administrative and institutional support to the President and Deputy Directors, as well as overall operational support to the Director of Finance and Administration. The Administrative Associate supports operations and administration for the organization as a whole.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. OSI/RWI may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
- Assist the Operations and Grants Manager with general operational issues, including facilities management, support to the regional offices, financial management, orientation, and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of operations;
- Support Executive Director and Deputy Directors with scheduling, correspondence, expense payments, travel and meeting planning and preparation, etc;
- Provide frequent operational, logistical, and travel support to all regional staff, RWI board members, fellows, sponsored speakers, partners and NY staff.;
- Handle logistics of RWI-sponsored events and internal meetings;
- Handle the logistics of Governing and Advisory Board meetings, and other special program or institutional meetings;
- Serve as staff point person for all general administrative and office support issues;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and one to three years of relevant experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NGO or foundation experience/interest in human rights preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, organizational and attention to detail skills;
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences;
- Work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation;
- Show discretion and facility in handling confidential issues;
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers and the general public.
- Excellent English-language editing ability;
- Additional languages a plus.
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Include job code in subject line: AA-RWI.
Open Society Foundations
Human Resources – Code AA-RWI
400 West 59th Street
New York, New York 10019