TANZANIA TOBACCO BOARD (TTB)
The Tanzania Tobacco Board is a crop regulatory body established under the Tobacco Industry Act No.24 of 2001 (as amended by Crop Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) Act No. 20 of 2009)
2.1 ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT I
2.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparing and submitting to the Finance and Administration Director financial plans and budgets well in advance before the end of the financial year in order to facilitate approval of the new financial year’s budget by the Board of Directors.
• Providing financial information required by the Management.
• Ensuring that proper books of accounts for the Board are maintained and designed in a good system for internal control and safeguarding assets of the Board.
• Keeping books of accounts relating to revenue, grant and expense accurately and timely according to professional accounting standards as established by NBAA from time to time.
• Recommending accounting policies and procedures to the Management through the Finance and Administration Director and ensuring their strict implementation after approval by the Board of Directors.
• Preparing on time monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and accounts.
• Ensuring that the books of accounts are audited by external auditors within the required legal period and presented to the Board of Directors.
• Responding to all internal and external audit queries accurately and timely.
• Implementing sound control system and procedures to physical property, cash cheques, purchase order, receipt books and other account documents.
• Participating actively in annual stocktaking and stock balance activities.
• Providing financial and costing information required by the management.
• Analysing monthly and quarterly reports from regions and directorates and reporting variances from the approved budget.
• Preparations of cash flows and quarterly funds required for head office and regions.
• Performing any other duty may be assigned from time to time by the Finance and
2.1.2 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Accounting and Finance or Advanced Diploma in Accounting or B.
COM (Accounting) from a recognized institution.
• Registered with NBAA.
• (CPA) is an added advantage.
• Computer knowledge
• At least three (3) years proven experience as an Assistant Account in a reputable organization.
2.1.3 BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• High Integrity
• Excellent analytical ability
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Ability to work in a team, independently and to interact with superior, peers and subordinates.
2.1.4 TENURE: Shall be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
2.1.5 REMUNERATION: Tobacco Board Scheme of Service
(TTBP) and Staff Regulations.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having
reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. The title of the position and institution applied for should be marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
vi. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vii. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
viii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
ix. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the
CV will necessitate to legal action
x. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
xi. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
xii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xiii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 14th July, 2012 at 3:30 p.m xvi. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xvii. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment
Secretariat, Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.
Program Manager II-Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, RECOLTE Program - CRS seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) Manager for the 5 years $14 million USDA/ FFPr funded Revenue through Cotton Livelihoods, Trade, an...
1 minute ago