- Position title: Board Document Processing Assistant - Board Proceedings and Documents Division
- Grade: GS-8
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/12/180
- Publication date: 06/07/2012
- Closing date: 18/07/2012
The main objectives of the position include: (i) Reviewing the content of documents originating from all departments of the Bank meant for the Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors, Board Committees, Seminars and other meetings; (ii) Consulting the work programme of the Boards and liaising with the Translation Department (CLSD) and Clients in other departments to ensure respect of distribution deadlines for the various documents; (iii) Liaising with originating departments to ensure documents are of the requisite standard and format; (iv) Carrying out comparative check of both original and translated documents to ensure consistency; (v) Ensuring the updating of the Board Document Control and Codification Section’s (SCCD) Matrix to facilitate information retrieval in respect of the status of documents received for processing and distribution to the Boards.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent will perform the following tasks and functions, amongst others:
- Review the content of documents originating from all departments of the Bank meant for the Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors, Board Committees, Seminars and other meetings with regard to grammar, syntax and general layout of the text;
- Ensure that document layouts are consistent with the Bank format;
- Ensure consistency of the translated version of documents with the original version and inform the originator of the document or the translator of any errors, omissions and/or inconsistencies;
- Codify and prepare transmittal memoranda for all Board documents to be signed by the Secretary General;
- Ensure monitoring of the inventory of all documents meant for the various meetings by obtaining information required for the follow-up of the documents;
- Liaise with the Distribution Section, the Reproduction Service, the Translation department and all other Departments/Units of the Bank;
- Apply, on a monthly basis, document distribution deadlines depending on the type of document and presentation date;
- Monitor the status of all documents (originals and translations) by consulting the Work Programme of the Boards to ensure that documents respect deadlines or do not miss the stipulated deadlines;
- Update the SCCD Matrix on a daily basis to facilitate information retrieval in respect of the status of documents received for processing and distribution to the Boards;
- Distribute electronic copies of signed documents and send hard copies to the print shop for reproduction and subsequent distribution to the Boards;
- Accomplish any other tasks assigned by the immediate superior, the Division Manager or the Secretary General.
This Position Does Not Attract International Terms And Conditions
(The incumbent of the position will be considered as local staff and will therefore not have international status)
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Translation (English/French) or other related discipline;
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience, of which 3 years at an international institution such as the ADB;
- Good knowledge of policies and work procedures of institutions such as the Bank and its Boards;
- Integrity and excellent interpersonal relations; ability to work in a team; and strong communication skills;
- Strong level of dedication; ability to work quickly and under pressure; attention to details, resourcefulness;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English, with good working knowledge French;
- Competence in the use of standard software used in the Bank such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; A practical knowledge in SAP.
- Fast computer formatting skills highly desirable.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Submitted by: Harold AKINGBADE-TAYLOR, Officer-in-Charge, Division Manager, CHRM.1
- Approved by: Gemina ARCHER-DAVIES, Director, CHRM
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs