Human Resources Office
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 Centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
We are looking for people who share our mission and our commitment to professionalism, innovation, impact and collaboration. We are a growing organisation and currently have an exciting job opportunity as a Human Resources Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the leadership of the HR Director, the HR Operations Manager will coordinate the overall operations of HR Unit in order to provide proactive, results-oriented HR services to the organisation. The HR Operations Manager will contribute to the development of new, and the improvement of existing, HR policies, systems and practices. The HR Operations Manager is expected to:
- Assist the Director in developing, reviewing and updating the HR Strategy and the HR Management policies, systems and practices that:
- Fully support the implementation of the overall CIFOR strategy;
- Reflect global best practices in human resources management including best practice in gender and diversity; and
- Are in line with the ethical standard and legal requirements, especially comply with any regulations applicable to the organisation in its various locations around the world.
- In coordination with the other HR professionals, assists the Director in the planning, development and management of the human resources functions, which include:
- HR Strategy, design and implementation:
- Contribute to the evaluation and provide advice on the impact of programs, initiatives and strategies that affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of staff;
- Staffing and Contract Management:
- Implement plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organisation;
- Contribute to identifying appropriate and effective external sources for candidates, and implement appropriate arrangements agreed to by partners relating to secondments;
- Coordinate the work of the HR Unit in the management of contracts of all staff, secondees, partners and consultants, and ensure compliance with the organisation's policies and procedures and with the laws/regulations applicable to all CIFOR offices;
- Manage an effective orientation program to welcome and integrate new employees into the organisation's culture; and
- Coordinate the work of the HR Unit in implementing decisions relating to staff movements: Promotion, transfer and departure of staff including implementing an exit interview program to obtain input/feedback concerning the organisation's operations, management and programs.
- Compensation Management:
- Assist the Director continually assess internal equity and CIFOR's competitiveness in the market.
- HR Information Systems:
- Enhance and/or develop and implement the HR Information Systems to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organisation. In particular, ensure the HRIS database provides timely and accurate information.
- Personnel administration:
- Assist the Director in ensuring that all personnel transactions follow the appropriate procedures and that all requirements are met prior to approval of transaction.
- HR Strategy, design and implementation:
- Carry out other relevant tasks/projects as required by, and mutually agreed upon by the Director of Human Resources.
Education, experience and technical skills
- A Master's degree or equivalent in human resources management, business administration or related studies, and at least seven years experience in any two specialised fields of HR management, such as recruitment, contracts management, compensation and benefits administration, policy formulation and HR information systems development;
- Extensive human resources knowledge, with experience in change management;
- Demonstrated track record in implementing and enhancing human resources policies, systems and practices, and in finding creative solutions to human resources issues;
- Familiarity with recent trends and awareness of technological advancements relating to HR information systems development;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
Personal competencies and attributes:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning, and is committed to staff's development;
- Has a sound analytical ability and good judgment;
- Has excellent internal consulting and facilitating skills, and has proven diplomatic, deal-making and influencing skills.
Terms and conditions
- This is an internationally recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for three years, including a standard one-year probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of this position and available resources.
- The application deadline is 20 July 2012.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information for three referees to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
Please indicate the position and its reference number in the email subject line.
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff diversity contributes to excellence.