Information Services Group
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
CIFOR is looking for a Blog Editor & Social Media Coordinator
Reporting to the Media Liaison and Outreach Manager, the Blog Editor & Social Media Coordinator will take the lead in overseeing the day-to-day operations of CIFOR’s Forests News blog, as well as its Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts. The purpose of the blog and other social media outlets is to raise awareness in a broad multilingual global audience about CIFOR’s research on forests, climate change, biofuels and other issues.
- Coordinate all articles for the blog. This includes editing stories; managing a pool of freelance writers and commissioning them to write articles on CIFOR’s research; as well as acting as the lead liaison with scientists to ensure all articles are properly reviewed before publication.
- Write articles for the blog, including travelling to the field in Africa, Asia and Latin America, as well as reporting from conferences worldwide.
- Coordinate other staff to make full use of CIFOR’s multilingual Facebook and Twitter news feeds. Coordinate with CIFOR’s other social media platforms, including YouTube, SlideShare & Flickr.
- Find new social media opportunities to raise awareness of CIFOR’s work.
- Contribute to the development of scripts or other audio-visual materials for use by CIFOR and its partners.
- Provide other editing and writing services as required. Assist with other tasks relevant to CIFOR’s mission as advised by the ISG management team.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Technical Skills)
- Degree in a science/journalism discipline.
- Proven ability to write and edit professionally in English.
- Extensive experience using social media and a keen interest in new social media opportunities.
- Ability to work well in team environments. Strong client service approach.
- Fluency in English. Other major languages an asset.
- Competent in personal organisation and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Shows creativity and initiative, and is capable of working independently as well as an effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a regionally recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
- The initial appointment will be for 1 year starting as soon as possible, with possible extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 9 July 2012.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information for three referees to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
Please indicate the position and its reference number in the email subject line.
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff diversity contributes to excellence.