COOPI is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization. Founded in Milan in 1965 by Vincenzo Barbieri Its goal is to assist populations hit by emergency in favouring their civil, economic and social development. COOPI is present in the Palestinian Territory since September 2002. COOPI’s mandate in the Palestinian Territories is to support the vulnerable population affected by the humanitarian crisis in many rural areas by providing short term opportunities while restoring access to basic services.
COOPI is looking for an Area Coordinator in Gaza field office. The Area Coordinator will be responsible to ensure that projects are implemented and in line with the Organization’s mission and donors objectives. He/she is responsible for building the capacity of the staff in Gaza field office to ensure sustainability of the programme. A technical background on engineering would be an advantage.
Supervision of the programme activities in coordination with the Project Manager
Responsible for the planning and implementation of the programme at field locations;
Responsible for the supervision of the beneficiary database implementation;
Contributes to the development of the new innovative ideas and methodologies;
Responsible for the development and writing of project proposals and all required reports;
Monitors local project developments in close collaboration with the Project Manager and Head of Mission;
Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the project in close collaboration with the Project - Manager and Head of Mission;
Provide knowledge transfer to national staff and counterparts and advise on good project management.
Prepare and issue regular Project Reports in accordance with donor guidelines for reporting.
Maintain diaries and progress reports as required by COOPI standard procedures.
Human resources, security, logistics and finance
Ensures that COOPI policies are strictly implemented, in collaboration with the Country Administrator;
Responsible for budget and basic financial management, in collaboration with the Country Administrator;
Supervision of office management administration and logistics.
Insure the follow up of the geo-political and security context and implement the security rules in Gaza
• Identify and develop new potential proposals.
• Attend coordination meetings as required; Arrange and host donor and official site visits.
• Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Head of Mission.
The incumbent will be responsible to abide by the security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of COOPI.
• Professionalism, integrity and commitment to project demands.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good team player with the national staff
• Strong creative thinking skills
• Master degree in Engineering or relevant fields.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at managerial level
• Experience in the solid waste management could be an asset
• The candidate must be thoroughly proficient in written and spoken English.
• Competent in the use of all commonly used computer software – spreadsheets and other computer programs.
• Knowledge of basic accountancy, administration and financial planning mechanism.
• Experience of working in Middle East is desirable.