Repotting to the Group Head of Risk Management and Compliance, the purpose of this role is to support the Risk Management Function in safeguarding and improving the Bank and Croup risk bearing capacity and the efficient use of this capacity through formulating Asset and Liability Management (ALM) policy and guidelines.
The job includes propagating, monitoring and reporting on compliance with the ALM policy and guidelines.
- Formulate and periodically review the Asset and Liability Management (ALM) Policy and Guidelines for the Group.
- Develop and maintain financial risk management tools and systems in accordance with best practice standards.
- Continuously analyze maturity structure of the Group's existing Assets and Liabilities in order to evaluate and manage the risk exposures.
- Prepare the Group's Monthly Liquidity and Market Risk Reports and the accompanying presentations to various Committees.
- Periodically review functionalities of Front and Back Office systems to ensure integrity and straight through processing of transactions.
- Propose, execute and manage balance sheet management strategies while assisting in the budget and balance sheet forecasting process.
- Ensure appropriate identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of liquidity, market credit and other treasury operations related risks.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with Regulators and Rating Agencies and liaise with internal/external auditor.
- Assist with the development of the bank's funding plan, including modelling alternative funding strategies.
- Prepare and present monthly ALCO reports, including comprehensive commentary to the ALCD on ALM issues.
- Review and update all assumptions pertaining to liquidity stress testing and associated contingency plans on at least a quarterly basis.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration (with a major in Finance) or similar quantitative disciplines - Minimum Upper Second/GPA 3.0. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in banking and/or finance, including at least 3 years in Financial Risk Management or related area.
- ACI Certification or Risk Management certification is desirable.
- Exposure to Treasury Front Office/Back Office and Reuter's system.
- Experience with MS office and Treasury trading systems.
If you believe that excellence is not an act. but a habit, then send your application letter and CV to email@example.com.
Kindly submit your application by 20th July 2012.