Purpose of the Position
The Construction Manager oversees the construction of all School for Life related projects, and involves the following: supervising construction workers; defining and maintaining construction work procedures and processes; overseeing the day-to-day construction progress; and providing backup support for the Country Director. Furthermore, this individual is responsible for purchasing and transporting all building supplies, as well as assisting in creating a strong, positive public image for the Foundation.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Identify, develop and maintain construction procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring all construction is completed within the time frame specified.
• Develop relationships with building staff, suppliers, and contractors.
• Prepare proposals and budgets for Country Directors’ approval.
• Prepare interim and final narrative reports per Country Director requirements
• Maintain consistent communication with programs staff and management to determine goals and objectives.
• Assist department personnel in writing periodic reports to comply with funding requirements.
• Arrange meetings regularly with Country Director.
• Supervise construction support staff; provide work direction; resolve staff questions; coordinate workflow.
• Create and adapt construction procedures as necessary; identify, develop and implement construction workflow processes; monitor procedures and ensure quality control.
• Assist Country Director with budgeting for construction, and all other expenses.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the construction sites.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Demonstrated proficiency supervising staff and managing projects.
• Satisfactory technical support skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database and data entry.
• High standards regarding accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to use experience and good judgment to make appropriate decisions.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to communicate well, act effectively as liaison between management/program staff and construction staff, and adjust to changing priorities.
• Aptitude for organizing tasks, managing time and prioritizing projects.
• Outstanding judgment, initiative and drive.
Job Email id: dave(at)schoolforlife.org.au
Governance/Anti-Corruption Expert, MCC Tunisia - *Background:* Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative p...
5 hours ago