Duty Station: Welthungerhilfe - Bo
Position Category: Full-time 1 Part-time 0 AND Regular 0 Temporary 0
Welthungerhilfe through the project “Capacity building program of Agricultural Business Centres (ABCs) in Bo District” aims to support existing and new Agriculture Business Centres (ABCs) and respective Farmer Based Organizations (FBOS) members, specific to a) assess capacity building needs b) improve the performance of FBOs and ABCs board and management, effectiveness, transparency, service delivery to members and business orientation towards developing the ABC into a sustainable legal business entity and c) assist in the establishment of new ABCs. Welthungerhilfe in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security (MAFFS) will implement this programme to support the implementation of the Global Agriculture Food Security Programme (GAFSP) under the Smallholder Commercialization Programme (SCP) in Sierra LeoneThe ultimate beneficiaries are resource poor farmers involved in the GAFSP/SCP program. In particularly, the FBOs and ABCs located in Bo district, covering 17 ABCs and 9 additional new ABCs to be established under GAFSP/SCP program.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The AgriBusiness Advisor is responsible to support programme implementation in particularly, to increase technical business practices of ABC as legal business entities. Working closely with Program Manager, Program Coordinator, Small Enterprise Developers and other staff, Business Advisor is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide technical supports in training need assessment of existing FBOs and ABCs
• Support for the community resource assessment and market survey for product and services to locate 9 new ABCs
• Together with Program Coordinator develop training and coaching plan for FBOs and ABCs
• Endure to harmonize the training with FAO curriculum and develop training and coaching implementation plan
• Organize training participants in field level and provide training and coaching to FBOs and ABC
• Visits ABCs in Bo district frequently oversee ABC business function as per training provided
• Assist each existing ABC to develop a 5-year vision, a 2-3 year business plan, and a 1 year production plan
• Organize meetings with business partner and ABC Cluster and facilitate MoU and agreement /contract between ABCs and FBO members, buyers, suppliers, mechanical workshops, banks/rural finance institutions and other stakeholders
• Provide technical support in organizing trade fair, ABC exchange visits, developing pilot product marketing and extension messages related to ABC
• Support in identifying performing ABCs and advise on the legal policies and procedures for registering as Limitted Liability Complany
• Identify enterprise development issues, any leadership issues with ABC/FBO and endure those issues are solved in coordination with MAFFS
• Monitor the ABCs functions to become a full-fledged legal independent business entity
• Interact with other business actors in business linkages with ABCs
• Assist Program Manager / Program Coordinator with required information for program improvement and reporting
• The Business Advisor will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Welthungerhilfe and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable for following Welthungerlilfe programme implementation policies and procedures.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Programme Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Programme Manager , Programme Coordinator and ABC Facilitator
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in a relevant business field is desired. 2-3 years of experience in key areas related to business growth and development including: business planning, financial modeling, costing and pricing, business finance, product development and marketing, sales management and development of value chain for agriculture products. Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel. Excellent oral and written skills in English and local language Mende. High computer skills on MS Office programs. A clear understanding of business ethics and business related law of Sierra Leone is essential.
• Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
• Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
• Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
• Good spoken and written English and Mende
• Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Interested candidates are to submit the following documents to email@example.com by 10th July 2012:
CVs including relevant referees
Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in Engineering - *India’s Capital Region (Around Delhi)* Sharda University is a leading university promoted by SGI Group in India. It is a multidisciplinary and multicul...
17 hours ago