The position will be responsible for interfacing with multiple data providers (both internal and external) and coordinating the collection, recording and management of volume, revenue and other data. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of the data collected, as well as providing reporting and analysis.
Other duties may include processing of payments and raising invoices within SAP, plus other reporting or analysis, as
- Assist in the development and operation of the manual data collection process, including:
- Design of templates for the collection of data from new sources
- Update or roll forward of templates for existing sources
- Pre-population of templates with existing data where required prior to circulation
- Distribution of templates ensuring timescales for completion are communicated and complied with
- Performing initial sense check of data returns
Collection of data from systems:
- Gain familiarity with the tools currently available and from which data can be extracted
- Ensure method of extraction is as efficient as possible
- Perform initial sense check of data
Reconciliation of different sources of the same data:
- Identify multiple sources of same data
- Set up checks to ensure consistency
- Identify and, if required, rectify differences, ensuring most accurate data is reported
Data capture and storage
- Assist in the design of a central repository, including automation of the linkage to data collection templates or tools
- Ensure collected data is entered on a timely basis and run checks to ensure it is correctly captured
- At any point, understand the status of the data collection process, outstanding items, timing of expected responses etc.
- Design standard reports enabling reporting and analysis of any new data collected.
- Run existing reports on data currently collected and where IT enhancements allow, migrate current reports onto a new platform e.g. Business Objects.
- Send reports to account directors / customer finance manager for verification and follow up on queries raised.
Communication, persuasion and tenacity
- Role will be required to communicate closely with a variety of data providers and stakeholders (Global Customer Directors, bottlers, third party data providers) and therefore must be able to clearly articulate requirements and timing for responses.
- The role requires tenacity to follow up on outstanding data requests and ensure timely, accurate data is received
- Role will be required to understand and articulate the status of the data collection at any point in time.
Numeracy, judgement and confidence
- The role requires the ability to understand trends and identify anomalies, as well as the confidence to investigate and challenge these with the data providers.
- The successful candidate will be methodical and organised, with the ability to process and manage large quantities of data.
- Advanced excel skills are a prerequisite.
- Access database skills may be an advantage.
- SAP knowledge would be useful.
There is no single formula for passion; what defines The Beverage Services Limited people is the ability to convert their passion into action. It's how they push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula?
|Customer Financial Analyst||United Kingdom|