Location: Wau, Westen Bhar-gazal, Republic of South Sudan
At Intermon Oxfam, we are people who believe in justice and solidarity, and work to change the world. We are acting in a comprehensive way in around fifty countries of Africa, Latin America and Asia, working on more than
500 development and humanitarian action projects, we promote fair trade and social awareness and mobilization campaigns.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the person selected will be the reference and the representative of the Organization in the field, co-coordinating the activities of the project and managing all the resources in order to guarantee that the objectives are met in line with the policies and strategies of Intermon Oxfam (IO).
Intermon Oxfam (IO) in South Sudan
Since 1992, IO has been working in South Sudan on humanitarian and development programs. IO's activities in the region started in Western Bahr el-Ghazal with food security and WASH interventions in 2007. IO currently implements food security and WASH programs for vulnerable communities which include returnees in Western Bhar-Gazal and Warrap state.
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Coordinator provides overall technical guidance and support to Intermon Oxfams FSL programs in South Sudan. The FSL Coordinator is the senior technical lead, co-ordinating the activities of the projects/programmes and ensuring technical appropriateness of Intermon Oxfam programs and other FSL initiatives including policy and advocacy work. The FSL Coordinator is part of the senior management team (SMT) and reports directly to the Country Director.
Responsibilities of the post
Program Quality: Ensure the food security and livelihood programming is technically of high quality and respects Oxfam frameworks, guidelines and international best practice standards, giving technical advice to ensure that programs are implemented efficiently and effectively.
Monitoring and Evaluation: Ensures effective monitoring and evaluation process within Intermon Oxfam programs, works closely with field teams to ensure quality of data and effective analysis.
Training and Coaching: Provision of training and coaching to national staff and local partner organisations in technical program areas.
Representation, communication and coordination: represent IO before technical actors in the field ensuring efforts are not duplicated, information sharing and best practice.
Reporting and program development: Participate in all aspects of program design, implementation and and in some cases lead proposal and report development.
• Commitment to the Oxfam principles
• Experience in program management, particularly in East Africa.
• At least 4 years food security livelihood program management experience.
• Experience in irrigation and water for livelihood programs.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Arabic language skills a plus.
• At least 4 years’ experience in the field of international development.
• Ability to work and live in a challenging working and living environment.
• Can do attitude, sense of humour and patience.
• Training, coaching experience.
- Contract of employment: Contract for 12 months from the 10th July 2012.
- Salary: According to the Intermon Oxfam country salary scale.
- Social benefits: Medical, life and accident insurance provided by the institution.
- Holidays: 27 working days per year 2012
- Working place: Lunyaker, Warrap State- South Sudan
- Starting date: 10th July 2012
How to apply
If interested, please send your application to the follow address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Application Food Security and Livelihood” and the post reference.
The closing date for applications is the 10th July 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
33 minutes ago