ESIA Manager – Ecology and Environment, Inc. is a fully integrated environmental consulting firm committed to supporting sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Manager to support a sustainability project in Gabon.
This challenging position will provide support to a wide range of ESIAs in areas including hydropower, mining, water supply and waste water treatment, and road development. Our successful candidate will be fluent in French and English. This position will report to our San Francisco, CA office.
• Works with Sustainability Management and Project Management on the implementation of ESIA projects
• Works on the development of the studies phase/process involved in developing projects
• Performs day-to-day management of the ESIA process for Master Plan and other projects as assigned
• Provides input/advice into the studies process in terms of overall project schedules
• Develops ESIA tender documents for review by management
• Manages ESIA contractors
• Follows key ESIA issues for all applicable sectors together with industry international standards development
• Works with Sustainable Development Manager to implement a capacity building program on ESIA development
• BS/MS Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
• 15+ years’ experience with ESIA processes for a global company preferably in oil, gas, power, or mining managing ESIA contractors
• Experience working in the construction and/or project development industries in developing countries; experience working in Africa preferred
• Excellent communications skills and fluency and proficiency in verbal and written French and English
• Excellent self-leadership, interpersonal communication skills, and cultural sensitivity with the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar program
• Ability to work in Gabon for 1-2 years and ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines—a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E has been dedicated to environmental conservation and enhancement since our founding in 1970. Our vision for the 21st century is to continue our tradition of leadership in implementing environmentally sustainable practices. At the end of the day, we know that the world is a better place because of our work. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment, with a competitive benefits package. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO/AA employer. M/F/V/D
Conseiller(ère) principal(e), Soutien de la maintenance - - REFERENCE: HR0226445 - CONTRACT: Temps plein - PRIMARY LOCATION: Montréal, Quebec, Canada - DATE POSTED: 12 Dec 2013 Merc...
2 months ago