IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Recruitment Officer at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Recruitment Officer (2-year renewable contract)
Recruitment Officer will among other things:
- Attend to requests for recruitment of National Staff from Pay Grade 1-15;
- Prepare draft job advertisements and advise the HR Administrative Manager on mode of advertisement;
- Carry out preliminary screening/short listing of candidates for interview;
- Prepare interview invitation letters to applicants (as approved by the HR Administrative Manager) and follow up;
- Arrange interviews, prepare interview reports; and prepare offer letters to successful candidates;
- Ensure conditions precedent to employment and post employment documentations are met;
- Prepare monthly recruitment statistics/reports;
- Conduct initial orientation of new recruits across all staff categories;
- Constantly explore ways of carry out efficient and cost effective talent hunt and staffing functions;
- Prepare recruitment and interview updates for the HR Administrative Manager and Human Resources Manager;
- Manage temporary labour recruitment and maintain labour records; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
BSc/HND in Management or Social Sciences. A professional certificate of CIPM, MBA or any other recognized HR certifications will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience as Recruitment Officer in a well structured organisation.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be personable with very high integrity. The ideal candidate must possess excellent computer skill with proficiency in MS-Office packages and must have flair for details.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application. Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. An application should be made not later than two weeks (closing date: 17/07/12) from the date of this publication. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.