IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute's Kano Station.
Assistant Administrative Officer (Kano Station) (2-year renewable contract)
- Coordinate and implement office procedures for smooth-running and effective office functioning;
- Maintain an effective filing system and safe-keeping of confidential documents;
- Manage and maintain an inventory of office equipment and other office resources.
- Arrange appointments and meetings for Scientists;
- Provide administrative and logistic support to staff and visitors;
- Assist Scientists in retrieval of information, (data and documents);
- Assist in preparation of administrative and financial reports.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
BSc/HND in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Personnel Management or a related discipline.
At least three (3) years post-qualification working experience in a large well structured organisation.
The ideal candidate must
- Possess very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computer, especially Ms Word, Ms Excel and Publisher.
- Be honest, hardworking and be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application. Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. An application should be made not later than two weeks (closing date: 10/07/12) from the date of this publication. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.