ChildFund India is part of ChildFund International (www.childfund.org), one of the leading International Child Development Organizations in the world operating in 31 countries and working with over 15 million children globally. ChildFund International is a founding member of the ChildFund alliance – a global force of 12 international development organizations that partner to improve the lives of children and their families in 55 countries.
ChildFund started its operations in India in 1951. ChildFund India’s goal for 2013-2017 is to advance survival, comprehensive development, education, livelihood, participation and protection of deprived, excluded & vulnerable children by enhancing their access to quality services and reducing inequalities and discrimination.
We currently employ around 300 staff in 30 locations across India. We are headquartered in Bangalore, with a program office in New Delhi. Our programs are geographically spread across 14 States and One Union Territory. We implement our programs directly and through 60 local partners, reaching out to 1.4 million children and families spread over 2000 communities. Our Annual Budget/ Financial Portfolio for FY 2012-13 is approx. 65 Crores (~$12 mn). Please visit the website, www.childfundindia.org for more information/details.
Be a part of ChildFund India team!
We are a growing organization and invite committed professionals to join us to take our vision forward in India. If you share our vision and feel that you can contribute to our mission then we look forward to receiving your profile.
Please find the Job Description for the position of Partnership Advisor enclosed below
Job Code: PR/PA 101
Title: Partnership Advisor
Reporting Relationship: National Director
The Partnership Advisor will be responsible for leading change management processes within ChildFund India and across the Asia Region on issues related to how ChildFund partners with various stakeholders in realizing its mission and outcomes. These issues may span a range of practices, including, but not limited to strategic planning, program design, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation, partner contract management, human resource management, etc.
The Partnership Advisor will work very closely with the Global Program Development Unit and with the Regional Program Management Team, to provide leadership and mainstreaming support on initiatives to improve practices around partnership across sectors, projects, funding streams and geography. This is a new position and an opportunity to shape the future direction of a major child development agency that has worked by and large in a particular mode focusing on the sponsorship funded projects. This position is created to look into all aspects of current partner relationship and provide strategic inputs for defining mutual accountabilities between ChildFund and the Partners. The position does not directly supervise other staff and is expected to work with a broad range of other teams to stimulate and support change processes. In addition, the Partnership Advisor will interface with a Global Technical Working Group and the broader development community to ensure that proposed changes and developments are in line with industry best practices.
The overall focus of the Partnership Advisor is to develop, lead and work to achieve buy-in to an organizational strategy to transform the way ChildFund establishes partnerships with local level organizations, federations, associations and institutions
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leadership and management
· Systematically analyze ChildFund India partnership processes and practices with a view to highlighting opportunities to improving how ChildFund partners with various agencies, and/or contradictions between current practices and vision around partnership;
· Review ChildFund Partnership principles, policies and procedures and related instruments to assess their efficacy in determining mutual accountabilities between ChildFund and the partners; determine the actual application of these on the ground through extensive dialogue, consultation, research and field vists
· Bring out the diverse field level issues around partnership to the India Senior Management Team and the Asia Leadership Team identifying key areas for improvement in ChildFund’s partnership processes and practices;
· With inputs from the Global Technical Working Group and Regional Leadership Team, lead the process of redefining the terms of partnerships with various stakeholders; contribute actively to the development of new partnership instruments and tools
2. Change Management
3. Learning and Accountability Management
· Develop sound tools, systems and methods for partnership development process including establishing partnership assessment criteria;
· Establish processes for measuring ChildFund partnerships outcomes and documenting best practices; ensure documentation and dissemination of these best practices;
· Enhance ability of the project and program teams as well as other functional units to monitor and evaluate their partnership practices
· Keep current with academic/professional literature relating to partnership, civil society and organizational capacity building; share information and incorporate into activities as applicable.
· Lead the local governance and accountability processes within ChildFund and in the wider civil society sector in India; roll-out governance policies among the partners and preparing them for self-certification/third party accreditation
· Initiate and maintain contacts globally regarding partnership activities; help establish a learning community within the Region.
· Provide guidance to the functional teams within India and in the Region on how to engage and work with multiple partners and manage multiple accountabilities;
· Promote platforms for learning and sharing best practices on various partnership models; support partner –to –partner linkages in the country and region and facilitate inter-country exposure visits to partners to share lessons learned.
· Post-graduate degree in international development, international relations, social sciences, development Studies or related field;
· 18 -20 years of relevant, progressively responsible work experience; background in partnership development, advocacy, or related area;
· Solid practical experience managing partnerships in development field preferably from an International NGO operating environment. Experience of multiple range of partnerships and/or including those with the government, civil society and institutions an advantage;
· Direct experience working with local organizations (traditional and non-traditional) and other civil society actors in India or Asia.
· Facilitation or training experience; demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through participatory adult training, mentoring and other methods.
· Thorough knowledge of principles of partnership and current best practices in capacity building; demonstrated experience in integrating themes into multi-sectoral programming.
· Results orientation
· Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Understanding ChildFund Global strategy, program activities, and partnership issues.
· Analytical skills
· Planning & facilitation skills
· Strong communication skills (oral & written) Excellent English language skills; strong writing, communication and representation skills.
Please send your profile to email@example.com before 15th July, 2012 mentioning clearly the Job Code, Location and Position Title in the subject line. Kindly mention your current salary/ expectations if any. Salary offered shall be the best in the sector.
First round of interviews are foreseen in the first half of August 2012 and final interviews by first week of September 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted/intimated.
Please note that this position is open only for Indian nationals.
Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in Engineering - *India’s Capital Region (Around Delhi)* Sharda University is a leading university promoted by SGI Group in India. It is a multidisciplinary and multicul...
3 hours ago