FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Officer, Quality Improvement, APHIAplus Northern Arid Lands in Lodwar.
FHI 360 is seeking to fill the following position for the APHIAplus Northern Arid Lands Project funded by USAID. The project supports integrated service delivery and addresses the social determinants of health. The programmatic intervention areas for the project focus primarily on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Family Planning/Reproductive Health, MNCH, Nutrition, WASH, and a number of interventions related to the social determinants of health (household economic strengthening for specific target groups):
· Provide direct technical assistance and mentoring to supported facilities in the specified region offering comprehensive integrated HIV care and treatment services for continuous quality improvement and supporting the implementation of the models for change.
· Visit supported facilities at least once every quarter to provide on-going technical assistance.
· Collect monthly reports from supported health facilities and provide immediate technical guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes.
· Mentor facility QI teams to build local capacity for QI implementation and analysis and interpretation of results of implemented actions.
· Maintains thorough documentation of activities and outcomes.
· Assists the facility QI teams to abstract data after every improvement cycle analyze the findings and recommend subsequent measures necessary to achieve set objectives.
· Participates in the dissemination of results to the facility management and quality teams and facilitates the facility-wide adoption of QI practices across key service delivery interventions.
· Recommends and supports the skills and knowledge update training to service providers in conjunction with the outreach mentorship and supervision teams.
· Performs any other duties as assigned by the Associate Director (Clinical Services).
MD/MB ChB registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board with 7-9 years work experience or Master’s degree in same field with 5-7 years relevant work experience. At least 3 years of clinical current hands-on experience of providing integrated HIV/AIDS services to diverse patients in a large program-linked facility or very busy clinical practice. Completed advanced-level in service training on the current management of HIV disease. Completed training in Quality Improvement models and participated in quality improvement projects for clinical interventions. Computer literate and competent in the use of ICT resources
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter where a detailed Job description will be available. Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements to be received not later than July 18, 2012. Those who are not able to access the career center can apply via email to: Kenya-HR@fhi360.org Kindly that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Senior Technical Officer, Quality Improvement, APHIAplus Northern Arid Lands