Government Accountability Specialist
USAID Judicial Reform and Government Accountability Project, Serbia
Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
The Judicial Reform and Government Accountability Project (JRGA) in Serbia is a five-year USAID initiative. The objectives of the JRGA project are to strengthen the rule of law, the independence of the judiciary and the administration of justice in Serbia; to increase public awareness of reforms in the judicial sector; and to strengthen the ability of the Serbian government, Independent Agencies, and civil society to detect and prevent corruption. The JRGA project has two main components: (1) Component I is responsible for implementing reforms in the Administrative Court, the High Misdemeanor Court, and 45 Misdemeanor Courts and (2) Component II is responsible for providing capacity building and institutional support to four Independent Agencies – the Anti-Corruption Agency, the Commissioner for Information on Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, the State Audit Institution, and the Ombudsman’s Office. The JRGA project is also implementing a grants program to strengthen civil society’s role in the reform process.
The Government Accountability Specialist will provide technical support to the tasks related Government Accountability component of the project.
· Support the Government Accountability Advisor in managing and providing technical assistance to Independent Agencies.
· Participate in and contribute to implementing project activities towards facilitating cooperation among IAs and other agencies to improve implementation and enforcement of the IAs decisions and recommendations.
· Contribute to program planning and reporting including developing program work plan, monthly and quarterly report, any other reports and deliverables.
· Contribute to organizing and conducting formal and informal meetings, workshops, training, conferences, etc. with Government Accountability component counterparts and other governmental institutions and non-governmental organizations.
· Conduct planning of relevant meetings, including the selection of meeting location, preparation of invitations and meeting notices, coordination of logistics and arrangement of materials and equipment needed to facilitate simultaneous interpretation, as needed.
· Coordinate project activities related to mobilizing civil society organizations around anti-corruption agenda and contribute to implementing the grants under contract program under Government Accountability project component.
· Work closely with other project personnel ensuring timely and successful implementation of the Government Accountability component of the project.
· Provide support to short-term consultants supporting implementation of the Government Accountability component of the project.
· Complete other tasks which may be assigned by the Government Accountability Advisor or COP related to Government Accountability component as needed.
· University degree in the relevant field;
· Substantial experience in working with NGOs preferably in the democracy and governance area;
· Strong knowledge of the legal framework for NGOs, as well as issues of NGO capacity and sustainability;
· Experience with one or more of the 4 Independent Agencies JRGA works with;
· Experience working with USAID programs preferred;
· Ability to work efficiently on a team;
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Serbian is required.
**Only Serbian citizens are eligible to apply**
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.