The Viet Nam Red Cross
The Vietnam Red Cross Society is a humanitarian and social organization founded on 23 November 1946 by President Ho Chi Minh who was also its first honorary President. The Society is an active member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the Vietnam Fatherland Front. The society operates nationwide with seven focused area: emergency relief and humanitarian aid; health care; first aid; donation of blood, tissues, organs and bodies; tracing of relatives missing in wars,natural disasters and other disasters; dissemination on humanitarian values; participation in
disaster preparedness and response.
The French Red Cross
The French Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to improve the situation of vulnerable people. The French Red Cross carries out activities in France and worldwide, in close coordination with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and their sisters organizations. The French Red Cross core areas of intervention
are: social care, health, disaster preparedness and relief with a transversal emphasis on capacity building. Since 1990, the French Red Cross (FRC) has been working together with the Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) to implement humanitarian and development activities with a special focus on community-based water and sanitation project.
Within the framework of this cooperation, the French Red Cross and Vietnam Red Cross are implementing a development project in North-West provinces of Vietnam aiming at improving gender equality and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) conditions in ethnic minority areas.
The project: “Improving gender equality and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)conditions in ethnic minority areas”.
It’s a 3-year project funded by EuropeAid and the French Red Cross
The general objective of the project is to contribute towards improving health, increasing gender equality and reducing poverty of ethnic minority groups located in 2 Northern provinces of Vietnam (Dien Bien, Son La, Lai Chau) through the use and dissemination of a participative, decentralized and inclusive approach.
The specific objectives of project are:
- At national and provincial level, to mainstream gender in VNRC development programs and strengthen the capacities of VNRC, Women Union (WU) and Local Actors (LA) of target areas in participative and gender sensitive WASH program management and implementation.
- At grassroots level, to promote gender equality and women leadership and to improve water and sanitation access as well as knowledge of target population, especially children, in hygiene and environmental health.
Within the framework of this project the VNRC and the FRC are looking for a skilled consultant to provide a training on programme management and participatory planning.
Objectives of the consultancy
The aim of this consultancy service is to design and provide a training course on programme management and participatory planning to VNRC, Women’s Union (WU) and local authority staffs from targeted areas
The training on participative programme management will familiarize trainees with the project cycle management which will be used later on as the reference frame for implementing and following the project’s activities. This training will also include basics of proposal writing and emphasize the need for a better inclusion of grassroots’ beneficiaries in all steps of a project implementation.
The trainings are expected to cover the following topics (the list is not exhaustive and could be completed by the consultant in the proposal):
- Basic theoretical knowledge of programme management (programme management cycle, different steps of programme management, planning/activities plan, monitoring and evaluation issues and tools),
- Practical application of these concepts to our programme. The trainees should be able to make feasible proposals for small-scale projects in their commune in order to get small grants from the donor, then plan different steps of implementation,monitoring and evaluation of these projects.
· The participants have a good understanding of basic concepts of management, project management and project management cycle and able to answer following questions:
- What is a project?
- What is different between managing a project and managing normal day-to-day work?
- Which different project types are there?
- Which are the basic steps of project management?
· The participants are able to plan a project in terms of defining objectives, involving stakeholders and describing the project and its expected results
· The participants are able to plan the different steps of an activity implementation by developing a detailed activity plan with linking to available resources such as financial budget, timing, human resource…
· The participants understand the main purpose and key elements of project monitoring and evaluation and are able to apply the knowledge in practice.
· The participants are able to develop proposal, implement and follow-up small-scale projects at commune level through attribution of small grants.
30 persons will participate the training. They are members of the Vietnam Red Cross, French Red Cross, the Women’s union and the local authorities in provincial,district and commune level in 3 provinces of Dien Bien, Son La and Lai Chau. The training shall mainly focus on the districts and commune level for all issues related to project implementation and on M & E for provincial level.
The consultant is expected to use training methods for adults: participatory method, group discussion, question and answer, etc. Interactive approach should be used to increase effectiveness of the training. Women will especially be encouraged to raise their voice!
Examples used during the trainings to illustrate concepts should be related to WASH and/or gender equality interventions in local level.
At all time the consultant is expected to work closely with the French Red Cross and Viet Nam Red Cross officers responsible for consultation and approval of each step of the consultancy.
Duties and expected tasks
- Prepare training course outlines and detailed program including objective, content, method, time schedule of training… To be sent to FRC for discussion, no later than 1 week before the training course starts.
- Prepare training course requirements, materials (soft and hardcopy) and related references. Training materials should be presented in Word, Excel and PowerPoint or illustrative pictures.
- Document training course materials in presentable format for future reference of participants and VNRC/FRC.
- Carry out initial and final evaluation of the participants.
- Submit post-training report on training course delivery and evaluation of achievements, no later than 1 week after the training course finishes.
- Training presentations and reference materials
- Training Report
- Training Evaluation Analysis Report
The training presentation and reference materials are submitted in Vietnamese. The training reports should be submitted in both Vietnamese and English.
All materials should be submitted in both hard and soft copies.
The training will be provided in one of the targeted province, most likely in Dien Bien province. The project will cover accommodation and travel costs for the consultant (not to be included in the financial proposal).
The consultancy shall be implemented within the period from November 1, 2011 to November 31, 2011.
Time of service will cover preparation, delivery, reporting and post-training follow up and is estimated to be 7 working days.
No Tasks Estimated time(days)
1 Preparation: 3
- Choose relevant training material and
make adaptation if needed 2
- Develop training outline with agenda,
content and approach 1
2 Conduct training: 3
- Project Management 1/2
- Project Planning 1/2
- Project Implementation, Monitoring 1
- Practice of small grants proposal
writing, implementation and following
3 Write training report 1
Interested consultants are requested to send:
- Training proposal (in English)
- Financial quotation (in English)
- Complete CV of all persons involved in the consultancy (in English)
In soft copy through e-mail to: email@example.com
with a clear reference: FRC_VN212_PM Training_name of consultant
DEADLINE: Oct 21, 2011
After the review/screening of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone or email, and invited for an interview.
Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in Engineering - *India’s Capital Region (Around Delhi)* Sharda University is a leading university promoted by SGI Group in India. It is a multidisciplinary and multicul...
36 minutes ago