The University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL) is looking for an exceptional individual with a passionate commitment to the sustainability agenda to work with us in a consultant capacity to help some of the world’s leading companies to find solutions to a range of challenging climate and sustainability issues related to energy, health, schools and finance.
The Programme Manager’s role will be to create and manage collaborations between small results-focused groups of corporate practitioners that meet over a set period of time to solve complex issues with the support of key thinkers and experts. The work involves leading companies through a range of intricately related problems, helping them to reach a consensus on key messages for external communication and ensure their voice is heard by policy makers. To achieve this you must be able to develop high levels of trust with corporate leaders, specialists and a variety of partners. You may also be asked to provide support to other CPSL programmes and initiatives in Brussels as required.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to contribute to our work to deepen leaders’ understanding of the social, environmental and economic context in which they operate and help them to respond in ways that benefit their organizations and society as a whole. The role, which will be full time on a one year contract in the first instance, will be based in Brussels where you will work alongside CPSL’s small Brussels-based team.
The successful candidate will possess a good first degree in a relevant area and will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working on climate and sustainability issues in a business environment with a good grasp of how sustainability affects leadership and business
- A clear understanding of how policy is made and influenced at national and intergovernmental level
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior leaders and decision makers
- Strong project management skills, including experience of financial planning and budgeting
- Working fluency in at least one European language in addition to English
- Experience of working to tight time pressures.
A relevant higher-level degree such as a Masters would be an advantage.
Compensation will be commensurate with your experience.
Please email a cover letter (explaining the relevance of your skills and background to this position) with a résumé to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is October 28 2011.