Wind parks, solar panels and other renewable technologies are able to provide our future energy needs, but shifting energy production to a 100% renewable in the future will need a swift shift of investment from dirty to clean energies around the world. To advance an energy revolution in the main economies around the world, Greenpeace International is looking for an experienced campaigner to complement our global climate and energy team to develop international strategies to change policy frameworks and the investment climate in favour of renewable energy, particularly in rapidly developing economies.
Purpose of the job
To contribute to the development of global campaign strategies and their implementation and to lead global campaign projects/teams as required, in order to achieve agreed global campaign objectives.
- Give key strategic advice to enable the global organization to develop and implement effective campaign strategies and plans;
- Manage and coordinate activities of team members and campaigners worldwide;
- Prepare and manage related project proposals and budget expenditure;
- Provide strategic campaign expertise, guidance, tactics, facts and information on national office focus and global campaigns;
- Maintain and develop contacts with various stakeholders in the field of sustainable agriculture;
- Represent Greenpeace in meetings with major players in the agriculture field globally (from governments to businesses to small farmer associations);
- Write and/or oversee external and internal reports, fact sheets and briefings.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years of campaign experience in the energy sector;
- Experience in and/or understanding of energy systems and investment on solutions and in rapidly developing countries, including but not limited to China, India, South Africa, or Brazil;
- Experience in leading international teams;
- Strong strategic and communication skills;
- Share our ambition to halt temperature rise;
- This position will be based in Amsterdam and involves frequent travel. (Location Hong Kong can be considered).