Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK that deals exclusively with myeloma, a complex, debilitating and currently incurable cancer of the plasma cells which are found in the bone marrow. We are one of the UK’s most respected rare cancer organisations with an excellent reputation for delivery and success. The organisation’s strategy is to rapidly and systematically address the critical challenges that are slowing down research, the development of and access to new treatments, optimal care, support and information for myeloma patients.
£34,000 - £37,000, depending on experience
This role forms an integral part of the successful development and implementation of our wide-ranging service development strategy. The post holder will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued delivery of unique and innovative patient and family information services, healthcare professional education programmes and our policy and implementation activities. As part of the management team you will also be expected to contribute to the strategic direction of Myeloma UK.
The successful candidate will have an excellent reputation and track record in the management of patient and healthcare professional programmes, have excellent knowledge of the related policy environment and a working knowledge of cancer.
You should have:
- A degree in life sciences;
- Work experience in a healthcare, health information, educational or academic environment;
- Policy and implementation experience;
- Successful team and project management experience;
- Previous helpline, counselling experience;
- An excellent understanding of the needs and preferences of cancer patients and their families;
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of effective communication and relationship building;
- Experience of working with cancer patients and academic stakeholders.
The role is office-based in Edinburgh.
Excellence lies at the core of our service delivery and we seek a highly experienced individual that shares our passion for improving the care and support for myeloma patients.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Tuesday 25 October 2011.
Charity no. SC 026116