CARE is seeking an experienced Country Director (CD) to be CARE’s senior representive in Sri Lanka and be responsible for ensuring that CARE's work in that country contributes to CARE's vision of "a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been eliminated and people live with dignity and security." The CD is expected to provide strategic leadership and guidance to the country office team and ensure that CARE's role and mandate in the country are appropriate to the operating context and position CARE as partner of choice and a significant contributor to reducing poverty and social injustice.
The CD is responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the CO strategy and a program portfolio (including emergency programming) that effectively addresses the underlying causes of poverty in line with CARE's Programming Principles. S/he must also ensure that systems are in place and being properly implemented that ensure the proper management, well being and safety of CARE staff and the proper stewardhip of CARE resources. The CD is responsible for promoting Gender Equity and Diversity and ensuring an organizational culture where CARE core values - Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence - are practiced, team work is encouraged and all staff feel valued. S/he is responsible for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with host government officials, donors and other partners.
• Staff Management
• Strategic Planning
• Strategic Support
• Human Resources
• External Relations and Partnerships
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 8 years in senior management position in development field
• Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a very complex international setting
• Extensive conceptual skills including development of program strategy
• Demonstrated experience in program design, implementation and evaluation
• Experience in emergency related activities
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability and interest to coach and develop staff
• Experience with performance management
• Strong representation and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated use of positive coping strategies in stressful environments
• Demonstrated cross cultural communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with financial management as demonstrated by: o Ability to manage a complex budget o Follow-up on internal and external audit recommendations o Donor compliance and reporting
• Ability to establish a learning culture within the CO
• Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships with national and international NGOs
• Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts.
• Master's Degree in related field
• 10 years in a senior management position in development field
• Experience and knowledge of operationalizing a rights-based approach
• Experience in development of program support systems and operational procedures
• Experience with management of a diverse workforce
• Demonstrated experience with proposal development with range of international donors (i.e. USAID, EU, DFID,CIDA)
• Experience and skills in organizational change processes
To apply for this position, visit our website here: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&...
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.