|The Department of Communications (DCO) objectives are to: ensure timely production and dissemination of high quality public information on longstanding and emerging public health issues through various platforms (print, web, broadcast, social media, etc.) and in multiple languages; define and promote a consistent corporate identity for WHO internally and externally; create a 21st century "culture of communications" at WHO by strengthening capacity at every level; contribute to managing WHO's reputation by monitoring public opinion and concerns, and responding to them strategically; and lead the strategic communications response to epidemics and pandemics, public health emergencies and for the health aspects of humanitarian crises.|
|Description of duties:|
1. Support the maintenance and the development of the WHO global communications surveillance (media monitoring, media analysis and rumor surveillance) in all types of media (traditional and social).
2. Prepare and distribute daily media monitoring report in house for WHO senior leadership and central communications department.
3. Based on what is seen in the media and in line with corporate priorities, propose topics to discuss on WHO's social media platforms.
4. Support the maintenance and the development of WHO's corporate social media presence, including our facebook profile, Twitter and YouTube channels as well as others. Include regular posting of updates.
5. Support the development of a social media strategy for WHO generally and for priority projects, and contribute to policy development for using social media at WHO.
6. Provide communications surge capacity as needed in case of a public health emergencies or other situations identified by DCO senior leadership. This includes but is not limited to surge capacity for the WHO Media line.
Other duties as required.
- University degree in journalism, communications, international relations or related field.*
- Training in social media tools and/or management.
* (For WHO staff please see e-manual III.4.1, para 220)
Advanced user of search engines and other online research tools for media monitoring in a professional context.
Adept with common social media platforms.
Highly organized with attention to detail.
Pro-active; team player.
Ability to identify reputational issues early.
Microsoft office; standard administrative software; social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Use of media monitoring tools.
1. Communicating in a credible and effective way
2. Producing results
3. Moving forward in a changing environment
4. Knowing and managing yourself.
At least two years experience including media monitoring and reporting, using several online tools; producing daily media monitoring reports; using social media tools in a corporate context on behalf of an international organization.
Experience working in communications in emergencies.
Some experience in WHO or another UN organization.
Experience working in a developing or emerging economy.
Experience working on global public health issues.
Expert knowledge of English is essential. A working knowledge of WHO official language would be an asset.
Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this Vacancy Notice. This vacancy is published in English only.
The following priority order will be observed in the screening of candidates: 1. WHO staff members (Continuing, Fixed-term and Temporary appointments), 2. External candidates.
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)|
USD 46669 at single rate
USD 49756 with primary dependants
|Post Adjustment: 125.4 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.|
|A written test and interviews may be used as a form of screening|
|Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO's e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.|
|All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.|
Deloitte East Africa Audit - Associate - Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the publ...
50 minutes ago