Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Deputy Chief of Party / Operations Manager, Haiti
We are currently seeking a DCOP/Operations Manager for an anticipated Title II Development Food Aid Program in the Southeast of Haiti. This multi-year, non-emergency program will be a follow-on to ACDI/VOCA’s current Multi-Year Assistance Program (MYAP) in the Southeast of Haiti which is due to end in 2012. The new program will be integrated with USAID strategies to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity. The program’s ultimate goal is “to reduce food insecurity, prevent malnutrition, and increase resiliency in vulnerable rural households in Haiti.” The program will focus on strengthening livelihoods, improving health and nutrition among pregnant and lactating women and children under two, and improving institutions and communities’ abilities to respond to shocks as part of the program’s early warning system. The DCOP/Operations Manager responsibilities and qualifications for this program include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to programmatic teams, including identifying and promoting clear communications on issues of budget management and programmatic activities, compliance, monitoring and evaluation and documentation.
- Liaise with governmental agencies and USAID offices in Haiti and Washington, DC. Communicate regularly and share program information with other USAID project managers, bilateral donors, UN organizations and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure visibility of ACDI/VOCA activities.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Ensure compliance among key staff with all corporate and local ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of reports for the donor, the host country and/or ACDI/VOCA.
- In coordination with the COP, oversee budgets to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor policies and regulations as well as within the scope of the program budget.
- Monitor budget, fund disbursal and financial records to ensure that project expenditures are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies and regulations.
- Ensure timely cash flow analyses and projections to be provided to the donor as necessary and for internal management purposes.
- Review and oversee financial management and administrative procedures and recommend and oversee implementation of changes/improvements in procedures.
- Supervise program administrative, human resources and financial staff. Manage and evaluate staff as necessary to ensure program success. Oversee staff capacity-building.
- Contribute to the identification of new business opportunities for ACDI/VOCA that further ACDI/VOCA objectives and complement other ACDI/VOCA projects and programs.
- Minimum of 5 years overseas managing large, multi-year USAID funded projects with multiple implementing partners.
- Minimum 10 years relevant food security/livelihoods experience;
- Experience developing and managing programs related to integrated rural development with experience in Haiti or Francophone Africa is preferred.
- Familiarity with commodity management best practices under P.L. 480 preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the field of people and project management, as well as strategic planning, sustainability and exit-strategy implementation.
- Prior experience with USAID Title II projects, procedures, policies and reporting requirements is required.
- Effective record of building relationships with governmental organizations as well as private and community organizations is required.
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments is required
- Masters degree in a pertinent field (for example: social research, project management, international development, international business) is highly desirable.
- Fluency in both English and French languages is required; Haitian Creole is highly preferred.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556D361D43515B7E59192F77561C680262774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.