Project Manager for the Project Implementation Unit
1. This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No AfDB-145-819 of 27 March 2012.
2. The COMESA Secretariat has received a grant from the African Development Fund (ADF) to finance part of the cost of studies for a project to develop an Integrated Regional Air Space. The COMESA Secretariat intends to use the proceeds of this grant to cover payments under this Technical Assistance. The project expected outcomes are: (i) An enabling legal and regulatory framework for a unified upper airspace in the COMESA Region; (ii) An adequate institutional framework for providing and regulating regional Air Traffic Services; (iii) technical and financial feasibility assessment of the system; and (iv) The identification, structuring and conclusion of a suitable PPP arrangement to finance, implement and operate the regional CNS/ATM infrastructure/ system.
3. Leading the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), and under the overall supervision of the COMESA Secretariat, the Project Manager duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following;
• Provide day-to-day executive management of the PIU and overall monitoring of the project, and prepare progress reports on the status of implementation;
• Prepare the Annual Work Plans and Budgets for approval by the Project Steering Committee and the COMESA Secretariat;
• Prepare terms of reference and evaluation criteria for procuring the Consulting firms which shall be hired to provide the various assignments under the project. Evaluate Consultants’ proposals according to agreed evaluation criteria, and prepare reports with recommendations for approval;
• Supervise and monitor the work of PIU staff and evaluate and approve Consultants’ work plans as well as supervise and monitor the work of the consultants;
• Facilitate the meetings of the Project Steering Committee and the relevant Policy organs meetings of COMESA with regard to the activities of the PIU and the project;
• Liaise with member states, RECs, the African Development Fund (ADF) and other project stakeholders to facilitate the work of consultants and Project implementation;
• Establish a monitoring, evaluation, and reporting system satisfactory to the COMESA Secretariat and the sponsors ADF;
4. The COMESA Secretariat now invites individuals to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individuals must have at least a Bachelors Degree in engineering, transport economics or related fields, and would have had a minimum of 15 years experience in the aviation industry. A master’s degree in a relevant field will be an advantage. Experience in projects financed by multilateral development institutions would be an advantage. The applicant must have a good working knowledge of the English language and good project management skills. He/ she must also have knowledge of Government and public sector institutional structures and operational procedures.
5. A short list of qualified individuals will be compiled in accordance with the procedures set out in the African Development Fund’s Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants.
6. Written expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below on or before 30th July 2012 at 14.00 hours, Zambia time.
The Secretary General
Ben Bella Road
P.O. Box 30051 Lusaka, Zambia.
Tel: (260) 211 229725.
Fax: (260) 211 225107
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com
Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement - *Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement – (572 jours ouvrables - 22j/mois) - Assistance Technique pour l'appui au Programme d’appui bu...
1 day ago