The Field Advisor position is one of the two positions created at HQ to strategically support MSF field operations from a communications perspective.
In charge of a portfolio of countries covering two operational desks, she/he provides support to Heads of Missions and local communications officers in the design and implementation of communications strategies aiming at increasing the local visibility and acceptance of MSF operations.
The Field Advisor has a strategic role to play in building the communication capacity of MSF missions through appropriate coaching, trainings, briefings and tools. She/he advises the desks at HQ on the communications stakes in their countries and on the proper allocation of resources to meet local communications objectives.
The Field advisor reports to the Deputy Director (Field Communications). She/he is expected to make regular assignments in the field. Upon request, she/he takes any specific project.
Scope of responsibilities
• For his/her portfolio of countries, provide strategic support and advice to the Heads of Mission and local communications officers in the design and implementation of local communications strategies.
• Work in partnership with the production and media units to provide quality communications materials to MSF missions based on their needs
• Assist MSF missions in the recruitment of local communications HR.
• Identify and share local communication best practices with the MSF movement.
• Participate in the conception, preparation and implementation of communication training modules.
• Brief and debrief senior expatriates.
• Ensure a proper coaching of newly-recruited communications resources in the field
• Undertake regular field assignments throughout the year (up to 1 month-long).
• Advise the desks on a proper allocation of communications resources in key strategic locations in order to provide efficient support to MSF communications aims and needs.
• Produce communication materials (stories, interviews, photos, videos, etc.) after each field visit.
• Handle media requests and organize field visits of journalists in the countries of his/her portfolio in partnership with the media unit.
• Communications or Journalism degree
• Available to travel to the field at a very short notice (approximately 3 months a year).
• Several years experience in journalism and/or communications in an international NGO.
• Field experience, preferably in a communications position with MSF
• Track record of developing successful communications strategies.
• Capacity to coach, train and motivate people.
• Fluent in English and French. Knowledge of German and/or Italian an asset.
• CDI 100% Geneva
• Starting date : ASAP
• Annual salary : 82 728 CHF (gross) non negotiable
How to applyFor the complete job description : www.msf.ch
Please send your CV and letter of motivation, in English, by the 25th of February to email@example.com mentioning the reference “Field Advisor” in the object of your message.
Seul(e)s les candidat(e)s préselectionné(e)s seront contacté(e)s.