|OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME : |
The WHO Global Service Centre (GSC) provides administrative services to all staff and all WHO offices worldwide in respect of human resources, payroll, procurement, accounts payable and support of specific corporate IT applications. The aim of this Centre is to serve as the global processing platform for the swift and reliable delivery of a comprehensive array of products and services covering all these fields.
The Global Human Resources (GHR) team within the GSC focuses on the execution of HR services on a global scale with the aim to provide reliable, efficient, and consistent services as a one-stop-shop for all staff in WHO and partner agencies.
| Description of duties: |
Under the direct supervision of Director GSC, with technical guidance from Director, Human Resources Department (HRD) and working closely with staff in Regional Offices and Headquarters, the incumbent is responsible for leading, coordinating and managing the Global Human Resources (GHR) team within the GSC. With over 60 staff, GHR provides Human Resource Services primarily in the areas of contract administration and entitlements, across the Organization and has the responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Special Operating Procedures (SOPs). Coordinator, GHR motivates the teams to provide high-quality, client-oriented services to staff across WHO and partner agencies. This includes planning, coordinating and overseeing the work of the team within established guidelines and in accordance with WHO's rules, regulations and manual provisions.
The incumbent will:
- Actively collaborate with colleagues in the GSC and HRD; recommend solutions to actual and/or anticipated problems including, as necessary change to systems, redesign of procedures.
- Optimize staff performance through motivation, work-load management, work-flow monitoring and improvements.
- Create a professional transaction-processing environment in order to provide service-oriented, responsive and reliable delivery of services in a number of areas.
- Ensure standards of consistency and best practice approach in the implementation of global, corporate HR Policies, in cooperation and coordination with HR counterparts from Regional and Country Offices and Headquarters in accordance with SLAs in the area of HR;
- Provide authoritative guidance and advice to managers and staff on the application of HR rules and regulations related to HR entitlements, conditions of service, including requests for exceptional entitlement-demands in liaison with HRD/HQ where necessary, or in precedent-setting cases;
- Propose the introduction of, or amendments to established HR procedures in the WHO Global Management System (GSM) and the implementation guidelines;
- Monitor the implementation of policy initiatives, and make proposals to decision makers, on the basis of experience, for the improvements of policies and systems;
- Motivate the team to excel under situations of high constant, high volume, and detail-focused output demands;
- Queries and Reports: generate and analyse reports from the GSM for reporting to the Director GSC, Director, HRD and external clients, including any system errors and/or means of improving the process.
- Respond to queries from auditors in a timely manner;
- Provide training and hold briefing sessions on GHR procedures and ensure adequate training provision for staff;
- Ensure prompt resolution of any service problems as they arise;
- Enhance processes and care for a high data quality by means of verification and by introducing, wherever appropriate, the necessary controls and system validations;
- Monitor that all RMS issues, as defined for GSC, are fulfilled;
- Coordinate with all offices to ensure service standards are met;
- Coordinate with IT as required, for any system upgrade modifications; ensure all functional aspects of system upgrades are fully considered before implementation;
- Other duties as required
| Education: |
Advanced university degree in HR management, public or business administration, law, economics, social sciences or another relevant field of academic studies
Professional qualification in HR management-related fields.
| Skills: |
Communicating in a credible and effective way
Promoting innovation and organizational learning
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Fostering integration and teamwork
Excellent knowledge of HR management principles and practices;
Ability to identify, develop and apply IT to support HR solutions and tools;
Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills combined with the ability to produce innovative solutions;
Excellent analytical skills;
Excellent communication skills to present proposals in a concise, clear and logical manner;
Fluency in MS Office suite or equivalent is essential.
| Experience: |
10 years' experience in the management of Human Resources policy implementation at an international level, ideally in an Intergovernmental or multilateral Organization;
First-hand experience in managing a large team in the area of Human Resources;
5 years experience within the UN System;
A number of years in an IT-oriented service-delivery context;
Practical hands-on experience in the use of an ERP System such as Oracle, SAP or PeopleSoft.
| Languages: |
Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
Good working knowledge of French; knowledge of other WHO official languages an added advantage.
| Additional Information: |
A written test may be used to further screen candidates. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
|Annual salary: (Net of tax) |
USD 80,629.- net at single rate
USD 86,791.- net with primary dependants
|Post Adjustment: 42.3 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.|
|Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO's e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.|
|All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.|
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION - DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION Deadline: 1 July 2013 Location: Kampala, Uganda Duration of contract: One year, renewable BACKGROUND The East and Hor...
11 hours ago