The total salary package for this position is circa $53,700 - $58,918* USD including basic salary, per diem and hardship allowance.
MAG is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced project manager to manage and develop MAG Iraq’s support services.
You’ll be rewarded with the opportunity to contribute to the rehabilitation of communities devastated by war, working in MAG’s longest established programme. You don’t need previous experience in mine action and we welcome applications from project managers from any development sector.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use their management experience and capacity building skills in managing 3 experienced sector managers. You will also be able to use your expertise in logistics, procurement, finance and administration, developing policies and procedures to enhance programme efficiency.
You will be based in Erbil, with regular travel to operational bases throughout Northern Iraq. Although security in this part of Iraq is more stable than in other parts of the country, living arrangements will involve limited movement.
Arabic language skills are desirable but not essential.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits, both financial and non-financial:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is circa $53,700 - $58,918 USD including basic salary, per diem and hardship allowance *Please see the general information for terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide private accommodation in-country. Due to the security conditions, this will be in close proximity to other MAG staff.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You’ll have a minimum of 8 weeks out of the programme per year, with 6 weeks annual leave and 2 “Breather Break” weeks per year. Your entitlement to annual leave also rises with service.
• Flights: MAG provides 3 international flights home per year, plus 2 additional regional flights for Breather Breaks.
• Career Development: You’ll be appointed on a global open-ended contract, offering you job security, with opportunities to work in different MAG programmes, should you wish to develop a long term career with us.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation. For further information about the role, and details of how to apply, please visit the MAG website at www.maginternational.org by the closing date of Sunday 6 November 2011