Job Title: Knowledge Management & Communications Adviser – PNG-Australia HIV and AIDS Program
Summary: JTA International is seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Knowledge Management & Communications Adviser for the PNG-Australia HIV and AIDS Program.
The PNG-Australia HIV and AIDS Program is an Australian Government, AusAID initiative supported by an Implementing Services Provider (currently JTA International). The Program was designed to be a long-term flexible program of assistance aligned with the PNG National Strategic Plan on HIV/AIDS 2006-2010 (NSP) to provide funding and technical assistance to support PNG’s national HIV response. The Program commenced in 2007 and aimed to contribute to the NSP goals to stabilise the spread of HIV/ AIDS infections and mitigate the impact of the epidemic. The PNG National HIV Strategy (NHS) 2011-2015 has replaced the NSP and has 3 strategic priorities: prevention; counselling, testing, treatment and support; and systems strengthening.
JTA International is currently seeking an experienced individual for the role Knowledge Management & Communications Adviser for the Program. This position will be responsible for providing advice on matters relating to information, knowledge management and communications for the Program and its government and civil society partners. Additionally, this position will provide technical support to relevant GoPNG bodies (currently the National AIDS Council Secretariat and National Department of Health) to strengthen their capacity for communication, knowledge management and evidence based policy. The position will also work with government and civil society partners at national and sub-national levels to identify ways that research information can be better utilised in program and policy development.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in communications.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience working in developing countries.
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies and campaigns, especially in developing countries.
- Experience in the development and implementation of knowledge management strategies.
- Knowledge of health communication/promotion and effective HIV/STI responses in developing countries, including the use of new media and digital communication.
- Experience in the development of communication materials reflecting gender issues.
- Understanding and experience in capacity development, including professional development, mentoring, participatory training and facilitation.
- High level cross-cultural interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely, and adapt their communication styles to suit a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with government and non-government partners.
- Ability to work with senior management and as part of a team to deliver results on time.
For Further Information & Application:
For further information please access the Position Description document available from our website at www.jtai.com.au.
Applications for this position should include a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria. All applications should be submitted online via JTA International’s website at www.jtai.com.au.
If, after reading the Position Description, you have further queries about this position or the application process, please contact Nick Cassidy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 4pm, Friday 11th November 2011. Late applications will not be accepted.