Job Title: STI / HIV Adviser – PNG-Australia HIV and AIDS Program
Summary: JTA International is seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of STI / HIV Adviser for the PNG-Australia HIV and AIDS Program.
The PNG-Australia HIV and AIDS Program is an Australian Government, AusAID initiative supported by an Implementing Services Provider (currently JTA International). The Program was designed to be a long-term flexible program of assistance aligned with the PNG National Strategic Plan on HIV/AIDS 2006-2010 (NSP) to provide funding and technical assistance to support PNG’s national HIV response. The Program commenced in 2007 and aimed to contribute to the NSP goals to stabilise the spread of HIV/ AIDS infections and mitigate the impact of the epidemic. The PNG National HIV Strategy (NHS) 2011-2015 has replaced the NSP and has 3 strategic priorities: prevention; counselling, testing, treatment and support; and systems strengthening.
JTA International is currently seeking an experienced individual for the role STI / HIV Adviser for the Program. This position will be responsible for the provision of support to the Disease Control Branch of the NDOH to strengthen the capacity for implementation of the STI/HIV Strategic Plan 2011 to 2015. The Adviser will report to Manager of Disease Control and support the NDOH STI/HIV Principal Adviser to build systems, processes and personnel capacity in the Branch, with particular emphasis on its regional and provincial staff and management. This position will also assist to strengthen the quality of clinical service delivery through supporting the Department to ensure that staff have supplies, skills and support to provide effective services. The position will also facilitate collaboration with other areas in the health sector for improved TB/HIV collaboration, expanded provider-initiated counselling and testing (PICT), prevention of parent to child transmission (PPTCT), and post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) services and strengthen linkages to enable the comprehensive continuum of care for people with HIV and AIDS.
The Adviser will also assist with the training of staff and will contribute to the development and monitoring of quality processes at national and sub-national levels. This position will assist the NDOH to strengthen its processes for planning and coordination, linkages with the National AIDS Council Secretariat and civil society service delivery partners.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant clinical qualifications.
- At least 10 years’ experience working on STI/HIV/AIDS related programs in the health sector in developing countries.
- Experience in the development and monitoring of clinical standards and quality assurance processes.
- Experience in integrating HIV and STI testing and treatment into MCH, sexual assault and SRH services.
- Understanding and experience in capacity development approaches including professional development, mentoring, participatory training and facilitation.
- High level cross-cultural interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely, and adapt their communication styles to suit a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and as part of a team to deliver results on time.
For Further Information & Application:
For further information please access the Position Description document available from our website at www.jtai.com.au.
Applications for this position should include a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria. All applications should be submitted online via JTA International’s website at www.jtai.com.au.
If, after reading the Position Description, you have further queries about this position or the application process, please contact Nick Cassidy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 4pm, Friday 11th November 2011. Late applications will not be accepted.