ATA Carnet Manager
Trade Documentation Leader
Trade Documentation Leader
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the largest and most representative business organization in the world, is seeking an ATA Carnet Manager, to support the management of the global operations of the ATA Carnet System, currently in force in 75 countries and territories. The position is based at ICC's international headquarters in Paris and operates within the team of ICC’s World Chambers Federation (WCF).
The ATA Carnet is an international customs document that permits the duty-free and tax-free temporary export and import of goods for up to one year. ATA Carnets cover commercial samples, professional equipment as well as goods for presentation or use at trade fairs, shows, exhibitions and the like.
ICC and its World Chambers Federation, collaborate closely with the World Customs Organization (WCO), as the ATA Carnet is governed by International Conventions for the Temporary Admission of Goods, often referred to as the Istanbul Convention.
The ATA Carnet Secretariat collaborates with national guaranteeing organizations, consisting primarily, but not exclusively, of chambers of commerce, who are appointed by their Customs to deliver this trade facilitation tool. Businesses, not only from the industrialized world, but more and more from developing countries and emerging economies benefit from this service. More than 178 000 ATA Carnets are issued every year covering goods valued at more than US$ 30 billion.
Reporting to the Director of the World Chambers Federation and working closely with its ATA governing bodies, this person will also work closely with other WCF team members active in trade formalities.
The position’s main responsibilities are to:
- Manage the daily operations and communications with the network of ATA national guaranteeing organizations, to assure a strong and enduring ATA Carnet Chain;
- Manage and coordinate the development framework for the digitalization and business transformation of the ATA Carnet, and facilitate its implementation;
- Develop strategies and implement initiatives tied to the promotion and sustainable expansion of the ATA Carnet Chain, in existing and potential markets;
- Maintain close coordination with the World ATA Carnet Council and its executive body (ATAC);
- Manage the governance and committee structures of the ATA Carnet System and ensure the coordination with relevant ICC and WCF governing bodies, departments and committees;
- Maintain relations and coordination with partner organizations, including the WCO and European Commission.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Broad experience in trade documentation formalities, with strong familiarity of the ATA Carnet system, a must. Alternatively experience with customs or in the legal field, either in the private or public sector would be viewed favourably;
- A university degree preferred, and a minimum of 5+ year working experiences in this domain, either in the public or private sector;
- Experience in digitalization of activities and/or other business transformation exercises, a must;
- Highly motivated with proven ability to lead and work on their own initiative;
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to seek out, analyze and synthesize a variety of information;
- Experience with management of committees and boards, with experience within a membership organization a plus;
- High level of English language skills, both written and oral, critical. Proficiency in French (or a third language) both written and oral, is a plus;
- Experience in developing marketing and communication initiatives – collateral and other literature, online marketing, education – training and events;
- Good interpersonal skills, with a diplomatic approach;
- Experience with personnel management;
- Strong foundation in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested persons should send an application with a CV, cover letter and two writing samples by e-mail to Anthony Parkes, Director, World Chambers Federation email@example.com, with a copy to the Human Resources Department,Recrutement_Service@iccwbo.org.
Closing date for applications: 18 March 2016