This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The area: Marketing, Product Marketing
The Product Marketing team partners with Engineering, Product Management, and the Sales organization to inform customers and the Sales team about new Google products and features. We conduct extensive market research to better understand and meet our users' needs. Working within our portfolio of consumer products (such as Search, Gmail, Maps, or Earth), we devise plans to make our users happier and increase the usefulness of our products. We use quantitative analysis and other research methods to improve the effectiveness of online marketing and better understand user behavior. Finally, Product Marketing works with our Ads product teams to communicate to advertisers and users how much value they gain from using Google products. As new advertising technologies are introduced to prospective customers, we develop messaging, collateral, events, and sales strategies to ensure their success.
The role: Product Marketing Manager (Consumer), Kenya
The role: Product Marketing Manager (Consumer) - Kenya
Our Challenge in Africa, is to bring more and more people online, and help create an important role for the Internet as part of everyday life.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Kenya, you will be responsible for supporting Google's growth and revenue generating efforts in Kenya through effective and results-focused marketing campaigns working together with the Country Marketing Manager on consumer products and propositions. Your main objective would be to drive more businesses online, helping make the internet a part of everyday life in Kenya. Your main objective would be to drive more users online, making the internet a part of everyday life in Kenya.
Your responsibilities will include working with the country team, the PR team, engineering and product teams, and the rest of the EMEA marketing team to drive projects such as executing marketing campaigns, determining ROI on advertising expenditures and developing collateral that optimally positions the strengths of our products. As we are creating unique custom products for this region, you will work closely with the product and Engineering team, providing them insights and market intelligence as part of the product development process.
Africa is a strategic region for Google and as such PMM Kenya may also have additional, pan regional responsibilities in East African and in Sub Saharan Africa as a whole. These responsibilities will include executing strategic product launches. You will have to be creative and innovate, working on the basis of experiences gained on other emerging markets, while giving our marketing campaigns a unique African flavor, to assure they are best to fit the needs of the region.
- Execute Google's marketing plans primarily focusing on small business, working closely with the Google product, sales and PR team.
- Work with partners and SMBs to create a self sustaining environment for businesses coming online.
- Contribute to the the monitoring of consumer, industry and competitive behavior and provide local market expertise to the Google team.
- Evaluate consumer marketing opportunities and initiate programmes to increase awareness of Google products through development of creative programmes, brand awareness campaigns and promotions.
- BA/BS degree preferred, MBA a plus.
- Extensive marketing experience in the market, ideally ith solid internet, online services/media industry experience.
- International experience a plus.
- Understanding of Google's strategic and competitive position. Proven ability to deliver outstanding and highly creative marketing achievements with limited budgets.
- A proven, successful track record of increasing company revenue and awareness through well-executed marketing efforts.
- Thorough knowledge of off/online advertising planning, tracking and reporting.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market and understanding of the search, online advertising, or web publishing markets.