The Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) team of NDI invites all qualified candidates to apply for a full-time paid internship in a dynamic, fast-paced organization that promotes democracy worldwide. The position offers a window into the field of international development work, with challenging opportunities for those wishing to explore a career in the expanding realm of international relations.
The intern for Central and Eastern Europe will provide programmatic and administrative support to the regional CEE team by performing the following duties.
- Gathering reports from various news sources on the countries of the CEE region
- Drafting cover memos and editing regular field reports, proposals, and other documents as needed
- Preparing program briefing materials for NDI trainers and Field Representatives
- Assisting with such administrative tasks as faxing, photocopying, and preparing for seminars
- Research on subjects such as civic education/organizing, NGO development and political party building
- Attending workshops, lectures and other events within and outside of NDI
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in international affairs, political science or a related field; recent graduates are also welcome to apply
- Available full-time (40hrs/week)
- Interest in/knowledge of political issues and/or of Central and Eastern Europe
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Efficiency and organization skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a group
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer knowledge skills, including MS Word, Excel, and the Internet
This is a paid internship. The internship will start in the beginning of November and will last into May, pending a mid-term review. All applications for this internship period must be received by NDI by Friday, October 28.
Non-US citizens applying for internships and entry-level positions based in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.