AmeriCares is a nonprofit disaster relief and humanitarian aid organization which provides immediate response to emergency medical needs and supports long-term health care programs. In times of epic disaster, daily struggle or civil conflict, AmeriCares restores health and saves lives by delivering donated medicines and medical supplies to people in need in the United States and around the world. Since our founding in 1982, AmeriCares has provided more than $10.5 billion in aid to nearly 150 countries.
After the initial phase of AmeriCares response to a large scale emergency, and where resources permit an extended role for AmeriCares, our Post Emergency Programs Department oversees the long-term recovery efforts. The current efforts within the Post-Emergency Programs Department include work in Sri Lanka, Haiti, Japan, and Pakistan. The team, which is based in our Stamford HQ offices works with each AmeriCares in-country Field Team to provide funding support, Gift-in-Kind product support, and oversight on long-term program initiatives and recovery efforts within the health sector.
Post-Emergency portfolios typically range from $500,000 -5 million and are implemented in the health sector over a period ranging from 3-months to 3-years. On the ground implementation is most typically carried out by local partner organizations with the support of a small (1-2 person) AmeriCares field team.
The Manager, Post-Emergency Programs will take an active role in helping to develop, define, implement, and oversee long-term program initiatives in the Post- Emergency setting. This involves a broad range of activities from scoping and planning programs, to grants administration, logistics coordination, and evaluation and donor reporting. This position also works very closely with our Emergency Response (ER) Department and will be a key link to facilitating (when applicable) the transition of a program from the immediate Emergency Response phase to the longer-term Post-Emergency Response phase. The position will be based in Stamford, CT with frequent deployment overseas and in the US.
For a complete position description, please view via the link below:
- Advanced degree in development, public health, medicine, or related field; or 5 years professional experience in the same area
- Ability and willingness to deploy on short notice and for periods of approximately 3-4 months. Prepared for up to 50% of time to be spent in the field
- Experience in project design, implementation, management and monitoring & evaluation within the health sector
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, including report and proposal writing and editing
- Experience living/working in disaster settings or resource-poor communities
- History of building partnerships—working effectively and respectfully with host country governments, local and international NGOs, and the private sector in complex environments
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Please visit our website url for complete position details at:
send your cover letter and resume to: Opportunities@AmeriCares.org .
Please reference RW-ACPERM in the subject line.