KickStart International is an award winning non-profit social enterprise with a mission to help millions of people in developing countries escape from poverty and to “kickstart” sustainable economic growth. KickStart develops simple money-making tools and markets them to poor, entrepreneurial persons who use them to start profitable new businesses, increase their family wealth and boost local economic growth. (www.kickstart.org).
The organization is recruiting for a qualified, enthusiastic Project Manager. This person will be based in Eldoret, Kenya and will report to the Program Manager. The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of activities, monitor project outputs, analyze collected data and report to Head Office on project outputs. He / She will be a key liaison person between sales and marketing functions, and carry out activities according to strict deadlines and within strict budget lines. This will include working with field-based Team Leaders to acquire resources, coordinate efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This role will be 100% based in Eldoret Kenya.
· To work closely with the Territorial Sales Representative in coordinating sales and marketing activities with the Inner Tipping Point;
· To manage and track the expenses for each sales and marketing activity e.g. farmer field days, ASK exhibitions, shows, market storms and others;
· To provide accurate and consistent reports;
· To drive cost-effectiveness at sales and marketing events
Skills and competencies
- Holder of a relevant Business degree
- Diploma in sales and marketing and or in project management would be an added advantage
- A valid driving license with over 4 years driving, accident free and no endorsement
- Have 2 years experience in leading a team in a busy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a complete team player;
- The ability to work under pressure, multi-task, establishes priorities, and deliver on-time;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and unstructured environment;
- Meticulous, creative and pays attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Results/performance orientation – proven “self-starter”;
- Computer literate. Comfortable with technology and the use of standard office programs and networks;
- Adequate knowledge of the Kenya small-scale agricultural sector.
How to apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly email your one page Application letter together with your detailed CV, clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your email firstname.lastname@example.org by 04th November, 2011