- Technically focused role
- Great team environment
- Coffey Geotechnics (Newstead office)
Opportunity for a technically focused person to develop their slope engineering and leadership skills within a strong established specialist team.
Coffey International Limited is a listed company (ASX: COF). Operating for over 50 years, Coffey has over 3,000 people working on social and physical infrastructure projects in more than 80 developing and developed countries. We have permanent offices throughout Oceania, the Americas, Africa, Asia, The Middle East and Europe. Collectively, Coffey aims to improve the lives of communities throughout the world.
Coffey Geotechnics is a specialist ground engineering consultancy, helping clients manage the earth. As consultants, we strive to better understand our client’s risk and constraints to help address and manage the increasing complications in today’s environment.
The person and the role
This is a very specific role working out of our Brisbane office. You will have qualifications in geology or engineering with experience in slope engineering and rock mechanics. Your focus will be technical, with an ability to develop geotechnical models, conduct analyses and design ground engineering solutions. You will be keen to:
- Work closely with Principals to continue development of a team focussed on risk assessment and slope engineering
- Develop their own engineering geological skills through specialist practice in a team environment
- Train and mentor more junior team members through a close working relationship in conducting fieldwork, through engineering analysis and design of remedial works
- Nurture existing client relationships and develop new ones through the consistent provision of high quality engineering solutions to challenging rock mechanics problems
- In time, take over day to day management of the team.
You will also possess the general skills expected of a consultant including a flexibility of approach and financial awareness.
Written applications will be assessed week beginning 16 February 2012.
If you wish to discuss the role prior to submitting an application, feel free to contact Ian Shipway during business hours on +61 7 3608 2500.
Coffey International Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on Coffey Geotechnics, please visit coffey.com