Reference Code: EAK-55992-EK
Type of Position: Full-time
Financial Services Industry (FSI) - Proposal Development & Knowledge Manager
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across 3 countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Our Financial Services Industry (FSI) client portfolio is prominent in East Africa and is organized in four sectors: banking & securities, insurance, investment and real estate. To effectively serve the needs of our clients and provide them with professional advice and solutions, we are looking to recruit a Manager to lead and drive the FSI initiatives.
Leverage your talent by applying for this exciting opportunity, and learn how a position in the Kenyan market place can put a spin in your career. The position will be based in our Nairobi office with occasional travel to the EA region.
As a Proposal Development & Knowledge Manager, you will be a valuable resource focusing on the following areas:
1. FSI Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) Program
- Develop the account strategy with the LCSP and service line partners of key FSI clients
- Maintain an understanding of the issues on the key clients agenda at service line level
- Help to set up and manage the senior executive relationship action plans and map account and client relationships
- Identify new Deloitte service offerings and propositions which would be of interest to the key clients
- Work with the functional FSI leaders to ensure that Deloitte is realising opportunities across the region
- Produce Management Information for the Industry Leader
2. Account Management
- Monitor the accounts pipeline of wins/losses and opportunities
- Keep Smartnet accurate and up to date
- Ensure that the FSI teams are applying the Deloitte Approach to Account Management
- Provide support on large and significant opportunities of over $100,000
- Facilitate and chase credentials and client permissions at the close of every project / phase
- Facilitate the capture of bid collateral and store centrally
- Monitor performance of the major accounts against objectives
- Mentor other account managers on FSI accounts
3. Networking and Sharing
- Ensure that content is being captured and shared
- Ensure that ideas which have been deployed successfully at one project / account are cascaded to other accounts
- Liaise closely with FSI Marketing and Deloitte Research to ensure that appropriate marketing and thought leadership collateral is being taken to the client
- Attend monthly FSI meetings and actively share and participate in the wider global FSI community
As the ideal team player, you should posses the following attributes:
- Ability to build relationships at clients
- Familiarity with FSI agenda
- Awareness of Deloitte's cross service line capabilities and propositions
- Comfortable at overseeing internal co-ordination of logistics support
- Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful
- Delivers results and achieves success
- Strong people and networking skills and comfortable with working with both Deloitte Partners and senior client contacts
- Good team building and facilitation skills
Compensation package: To the successful candidate, the Firm will offer a competitive compensation package which includes an annual bonus based on individual performance.
Training and development: Consistent with Deloitte Global Firm initiatives, we offer innovative, market-driven learning programs to develop our people and grow their careers.
Closing date: 17 February 2012