Through your leadership of a small Secretariat team, and by enhancing and expanding an extraordinary range of partnerships, you will match and improve on our performance in the last two years which saw the DEC raise £250m for Haiti, Pakistan and East Africa. Supporting a board comprised of the Chief Executives of the major UK aid agencies and independent experts you will help shape and agree our strategic objectives. You must ensure the money we raise is spent efficiently and effectively and also transparently and accountably. And the DEC must continue to use its unique position to enhance learning within the membership as well as sharing this across the wider humanitarian sector. You must be able to represent the DEC and its membership at the highest levels across the sector, to governments and through the media.
This is a unique vacancy, and you would need to be able to react quickly to emergencies in order to galvanise the DEC team and its supporters.
You will have:
- Experience of leading complex organisations and managing senior staff
- Knowledge/experience the international aid sector
- Understanding of issues relating to transparency and accountability in NGOs/INGOs and understanding of government particularly DfID
- Knowledge and understanding of British broadcasting and media
- Experience of building strong relationships within a complex multi-stakeholder environment
You must be a highly energetic and charismatic leader
Interviews will be held on 4th April
To apply for this position, to receive further particulars or for a further conversation, please visit:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7075 4079
The closing date for applications is noon 5th March 2012.
Closing Date: 05 March 2012