Temporary Agent (Grade AST 2)
Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament
The nature and the level of the duties to be carried out include:
- taking calls to the Help Desk and handling incidents and service requests with regard to Group's computer applications and services;
- logging incidents and requests; following incidents and user requests throughout their lifecycle and contribute to their solution;
- reporting general problems to the responsible IT person in order to find a solution;
- keeping statistics and analysing user support and training needs;
- organising and offering user training, drawing up manuals;
- managing user accounts and permissions;
- installing and configuring fixed and mobile work stations, and other mobile devices;
- contributing to the improvement of the operational procedures;
- taking part in pilot projects in order to provide smooth transition in case of new services and changes;
- providing IT support to users during missions outside the EP work places.
Candidates must fulfil the following conditions:
Be citizens of one of the EU Member States and must:
- hold a higher education qualification followed by at least 2 years of professional experience; or
- hold a secondary school qualification giving access to higher education followed by at least five years' appropriate professional experience.
Professional experience within the EU institutions will be taken into account.
Good writing and communication skills in either English or French are required whilst additional languages will be valued.
The work requires frequent travel outside Brussels, in particular to Strasbourg.
The selection procedure will be on the basis of qualifications and tests. The successful candidates will be recruited as Temporary Agents in the AST 2 grade. A reserve list will be drawn up. Candidates on this list will be eligible for recruitment as required and as vacancies arise.
Those interested can find all the necessary information in the notice of recruitment on the EP S&D Group website: (http://www.socialistsanddemocrats.eu) together with the application form. These documents can also be obtained on request from the S&D Group in the European Parliament, Human Resources Unit, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference AST-7/2016. The instructions contained in the Notice of Recruitment must be strictly adhered to. The application form together with the supporting documents must be sent by registered post with receipt of delivery by 1 July 2016 at the latest (date of postmark).