Senior Policy Officer, The Elders Foundation
The Elders are an independent group of eminent global leaders, brought together by Nelson Mandela, who offer their collective influence and experience to support peace building, help address major causes of human suffering and promote the shared interests of humanity (www.theElders.org).
We are looking for a Senior Policy Officer to help develop and implement the Elders’ work programme on policy, outreach and advocacy on various of the Elders’ peace-building and thematic initiatives. The successful candidate will report to the Policy and Advocacy Director, work collegially with the Elders team, and may supervise policy interns and external consultants.
Applicants should have an affinity with The Elders’ mission and considerable experience in policy work, from research to implementation.
We are looking for a senior policy professional who works with commitment and energy and has affinity with the mission of The Elders. Candidates should enjoy working on diverse issues, and have proven knowledge in a range of issues, geographical areas and global challenges, and should have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated senior-level policy experience on global issues and conflict/crisis situations in the (inter)governmental or non-profit sector, or development institutions;
- Graduate or postgraduate qualification, or extensive experience in public policy, conflict resolution, development studies, international relations or another relevant field;
- A track record of developing strategy, implementing plans and activities, and achieving results on international policy initiatives and advocacy efforts ;
- Experience in collaborating with a range of organisations and high-profile individuals to develop and influence policy;
- Analytical and research strength including the ability to understand, interpret and present complex and sensitive information from a variety of sources;
- A flexible, collegiate style; willingness to work in a collaborative team and with diverse alliances;
- Ability to deal with competing demands, multiple priorities, time constraints and unanticipated external events;
- Experience in hiring and supervising external consultants and policy interns;
- A keen eye for accuracy and detail;
- Excellent written and spoken English including writing and editing documents for high-level audiences;
Fluency in other languages desirable
Please visit our website, http://www.theelders.org/jobs, for full job description and how to apply.